I find the new leopard errors ironic

Discussion in 'macOS' started by StateCCM, Mar 31, 2008.

1. Burnsey macrumors 6502a

This is caused by shifty OS modifying 3rd party apps that aren't compatible with leopard being installed before the update.

It follows the fundamental rule of computers: put crap (shifty apps) in, get crap out (blue screen).

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

New Leopard error? this happened in late October when people where upgrading to Leopard over Tiger than had application enhancer installed used to apply haxies.

after they installed Leopard it would no boot and just display a blue screen just like before you desktop appears when you boot Leopard.

there was an easy fix just by boot into single user mode and typing a command http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=306857.

3. StateCCM thread starter macrumors member

i think its funny. mac users bash on Pc users about the blue screen of death.

but who gets the last laugh here? :cool:

4. notnek macrumors 6502

notnek

the bsod wasn't actually "of death" for mac users. it was an application error for an updated OS which could be fixed by booting in single user mode.

but how about the bsod on my old dell? oh yeah i forgot, i lost everything. and it only happened 4 times.

so to answer your question... few mac users entering some code to fix their blue screen freeze up, or many windows users losing all of their information for their bsod. i guess mac users would be laughing. :rolleyes:

5. benpatient macrumors 68000

"lose all their information" "lost everything"

with a BSOD?

A BSOD never lost me ANY information unless I had an unsaved file open when it happened.

It's analogous to a kernel panic, not a hard-drive explosion.

6. erikistired macrumors 6502

erikistired

not always true. after doing pc repair for a good 10 years i've seen blue screens that resulted in drive failure.