I find this amazing...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Prof., Nov 26, 2007.

1. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

Okay, I was talking to some friends a couple of minutes ago about computers. I told them I have a Mac and I love it to death. OMFG! they started bashing Apple and told me how much they hate Apple and its computers and other products. However, they all have iPods.

Now, what I really find amazing is that they judge me, by what kind of computer I use. They tell me "Brandon, Macs suck. People who buy Macs are fu@#ing idiots". I am going to be honest, I wanted to kill them.

My question to all of you, is...

What do I say in retaliation to people who diss Apple computers? I am sick and tired of people saying Apple sucks when they themselves have an iPod or an iPhone and has never used an Apple computer. You can't judge something if you never used it!

Thanks for listening to me rant. Your own thought are appreciated.

Prof. :apple:

2. motulist macrumors 601

motulist

And that's exactly the only thing you say back to them.

3. Prof. thread starter macrumors 601

Prof.

I just want to say something to them that will shut them up FOREVER!
    Or prove to them that Macs are the best. The only problem is, people believe what they want to believe.
    :mad:

4. ab2650 macrumors 6502a

I think you need some new friends. ;)

5. me_94501 macrumors 65816

me_94501

If you're feeling sarcastic:
    "...and yet you have iPods..."

Otherwise, what motulist said.'

EDIT: You know, it's funny. I haven't taken flack for being a Mac user in ages. I thought Mac-bashing went out of style a couple years ago.

6. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Exactly. You do your thing and let them do theirs. You're not going to convince anyone about something they've never used. Just be happy you're using a Mac and enjoying it. To each his own.

7. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

Am I going to see you on 48 Hours Mystery in 6 months?:p

Seriously though, I think you should just change the subject. You aren't going to make any progress if the other person isn't going to at least give it a chance. Being close-minded never gets people far, so let them continue down that track.

8. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

That's a good response too.

9. Prof. thread starter macrumors 601

Prof.

But they always want to start a fight about it.

Anyway, this is why I LOVE coming on MR. You guys are my support:D

I luv u guys and gals.

Probably;)

10. tominated macrumors 68000

tominated

it doesn't work for me. All my friends hav iPosd, but the bash apple and not just mac. there f****** retards (no offense to anyone)

11. goodtimes5 macrumors 6502a

goodtimes5

I converted all my friends to Mac. Problem solved.

12. Prof. thread starter macrumors 601

Prof.

I wish it was that easy:(

13. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

"Anything you can do with a computer, I can do better on my Mac."

The fact that I can run Windows on my Mac would basically prove that my computer can run at least as good as his. Then you add OS X into the equation, and fuggitaboutit. My computer doesn't get viruses. Fuggitaboutit. Apple doesn't try to make OS X as much like Windows as possible. Fuggitaboutit.

In fact, while you're explaining this to your friends, actually use the word "fuggitaboutit" once in a while. It sounds more old school NY gangster. It's lame, but then your friends can laugh at the way you talk rather than your superior Mac.

14. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

How about telling them to "grow the f*** up." because peer pressure and caring what your friends think of something so trivial went out in 8th grade. Closed-minded little twunts.

Pay no mind. It's ridiculous and you know it.

15. taylorwilsdon macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

Are you serious? You don't need a come back, who the **** cares. If you like your computer, thats great. Thats nobody's business but yours. I don't go telling people that I compute better because my computer is silver and cost a zillion dollars. I could give a **** what someone thinks about my computer.

16. Nightfall macrumors newbie

Their stupidity is asstounding. No question. It can be hugely irritating! I've lost count of the times......ahh forget it. You know something? THEIR LOSS! :p

17. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

That would work. :)

18. chaosbunny macrumors 68000

chaosbunny

You could try being sarcastic and exaggerate a bit:

"Now, what about you? You are wearing a H&M/Diesel/whatever shirt! Now that's what I call a f***ing idiot! Only the most f***ing idiots wear a H&M/Diesel/whatever shirt!

See, if we are friends we shouldn't get upset about what brand of xxx the other one likes."

19. neonblue2 macrumors 6502a

Ah the age old question, "How do I get back at my friends who hate something I like for whatever reason". It's a bad one. The worst part for most people who come to places like these, we know technology. It is our hobby. There are things we know they don't. We can grill a person in cyberspace but not in reality because people understand what we say on the interwebs.

Just poke them when they say it for massive damage or something :cool:

20. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

"Really? Because your sister seems to like it."

21. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hrpS9m2VF1c

:D

...i still love my mac..but yeah this video does kinda have a point

22. mpw Guest

Why bother saying anything? I mean unless you're in sales & marketing for Apple what do you really care?

More worrying should be your 'friends' just called you a 'fu@#ing idiot'.

You might want to walk away from this guys.

23. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

Say "I'll do better next time" and slink away with a dejected look on your face.

I mean seriously what kind of wimp are you to get real-life annoyed that someone is criticising your choice of computer?

Very true. Which is why I now rate Apple hardware as high as my shoelaces, OS X pretty highly and Vista only slightly worse.

24. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

I've managed to make my friends appreciate macs. Maybe not switch them but just allow them too stop flaming the company. In this respect one friend is getting a MBP at the end of this year.

Although when people say macs suck and I say, "why have you got an iPod" they say, "the iPod is apple's only good product". lol!

25. tMac85 macrumors 65816

tMac85

i was the first of my close group of friends to get a mac... i converted them.
    Have they used a mac before..cause to me a lot of people think they are just expensive computer that are just over priced for the heck of it.

you just gotta ignore...deep down they are jealous.