I find this strange (apps)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Playamonte, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Playamonte macrumors newbie

Own a 5 and it is updated.
    Any free app I select in the store, click get & then goes to install but the password login page then appears that only has two options, either cancel or buy ?
    Just tried with Wikipedia that is in the free section but the same result.

Thoughts ?

2. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

What's the question/problem again? Are you worried that a free app has a "buy" prompt? It's simply the unfortunate wording. It's a "free purchase."

3. Playamonte thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes Will that is the issue as I am assuming that Apple will debit my account once loaded, so you are saying that this is not the case ?
    BTW I rarely install any apps (very rare)
    Thanks for you input.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

5. Playamonte thread starter macrumors newbie

6. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Correct, that is not the case. "Free" is indeed free. If it eases your mind, think about it like using a coupon at the supermarket: you still have to go through the transaction even if the item that you are purchasing is free.

7. foxconn Suspended

Really? All this time I just left the coupon on the shelf and walked out!

8. Playamonte, Feb 28, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2017

Playamonte thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok cool.
    My son gave me this phone so find it (and iOS) a tad confusing at times coming from a Nokia Lumia with the trusted backbutton ( I jest but still miss it )

BTW I wandered into the Apple store here in Valencia Spain to ask the same question but was told either make an appointment or wait in the queue ............. Ok bye !

9. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

I was wondering why I always see coupons on the shelves at Kroger. Thanks for those!
    --- Post Merged, Feb 28, 2017 ---
    Happy to help out. ¡Salud!

10. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Those Foxconn people in their white Willy Wonka outfits are always bucking the norm.

11. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Lol :D
    An appointment for a 2 minute quick question?
    You will get used to iOS, its not confusing and its easier to learn and use than your old Nokia.
    Once you go iphone you will never go back. Or so they say :)

12. Playamonte thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes my thoughts as well & I did briefly explain the reason for my visit to the guy (sorry don't know was the answer)
    Still I have read many good reports from users who have visited other stores & I expect this is an issue at this branch.
    To be honest I still miss the Nokia live tiles layout (plus the back button) and many other aspects of the UI, but such is life as they are now gone never to be seen again.
    We do though have an Air2 and I think this is a great bit of kit & real clever, when funds allow I would like to get the big screen Pro & then this laptop can be put to bed. (going to be a long time before that happens mind)
    My only ever other visit to an Apple store was to the same place just after we bought the i-pad (from a local big electrical store & not them) as we were having a lot of trouble getting it to connect to my Nokia/wife's android via Bluetooth, brief explanation to the meter & greeter was meet with a wait in the queue response (about 30 strong) so at our age we declined & a google search when at home gave the answer ............ forget it. ;)

Having said all that (sorry to ramble on) Apple is the only device I will entrust with my details now & the only company that continues to support/update their old phones as far as I know, so hoping my son gets that new 8 in Sept as I may be inline for his old 6s :)