I finished my new app!

iamgerbs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2007
I JUST FINISHED MY NEW APP CALLED TURBOKIT!!! It makes safari almost twice as fast, but I need some beta testers for feedback. You can download it at http://thefalkenprojekts.blogspot.com/ Leave comments on what you think. Thank you everyone!:D

Note: Once you install it, then its done. there is no .app file.

iamgerbs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2007
im not trying to get your personal info. Ill send you exacty how it works. What it does is replace your webkit and java core framework with a custom built ones that I programed. try it out.

pit29

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2006
The Golden State
I suggest trying WebKit's nightly builds (http://nightly.webkit.org/) if you want Safari to be faster ('snappier')...

And I do not suggest downloading, opening and installing things if you don't know what they do, don't have a documentation, and (in most cases) not if they're announced in the first entry in a new blog. That being said, it could work - I did not test it.

iamgerbs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2007
that is reasonable. what do you suggest I do to get my app out there then? The goal of the app was to integrate directly into safari without downloading the nightly build which takes up more space then turbokit beta

pit29

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2006
The Golden State
i modified the nightly build source code
I'm not a programmer (anymore) and into these things, but doesn't that mean that you should give them credit? And as I understand it, Nightly Builds are beta versions which are reasonably stably (I never had any issues, in fact), but they are updated frequently (=nightly, almost and depending where you live). That means your new app will be outdated pretty soon...

iamgerbs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2007
im working on an updater application to keep it up to date. and I will give them credit. thank you

also, my app takes up less than half the space of the nightly builds and integrates right into safari so more inexperienced users can work with it more easily. in addition, this is my first programming project. i am only 14 and needed some tips.