I finished my new app!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iamgerbs, Sep 17, 2008.

1. iamgerbs macrumors newbie

I JUST FINISHED MY NEW APP CALLED TURBOKIT!!! It makes safari almost twice as fast, but I need some beta testers for feedback. You can download it at http://thefalkenprojekts.blogspot.com/ Leave comments on what you think. Thank you everyone!:D

Note: Once you install it, then its done. there is no .app file.

2. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

sounds ridiculous and more like you're just trying to get our personal information.

3. iamgerbs thread starter macrumors newbie

im not trying to get your personal info. Ill send you exacty how it works. What it does is replace your webkit and java core framework with a custom built ones that I programed. try it out.

4. pit29 macrumors 6502a

pit29

I suggest trying WebKit's nightly builds (http://nightly.webkit.org/) if you want Safari to be faster ('snappier')...

And I do not suggest downloading, opening and installing things if you don't know what they do, don't have a documentation, and (in most cases) not if they're announced in the first entry in a new blog. That being said, it could work - I did not test it.

5. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

you built your own framework or you just took the webkit nightly build's?

6. iamgerbs thread starter macrumors newbie

that is reasonable. what do you suggest I do to get my app out there then? The goal of the app was to integrate directly into safari without downloading the nightly build which takes up more space then turbokit beta

7. iamgerbs thread starter macrumors newbie

8. pit29 macrumors 6502a

pit29

I'm not a programmer (anymore) and into these things, but doesn't that mean that you should give them credit? And as I understand it, Nightly Builds are beta versions which are reasonably stably (I never had any issues, in fact), but they are updated frequently (=nightly, almost and depending where you live). That means your new app will be outdated pretty soon...

9. iamgerbs thread starter macrumors newbie

im working on an updater application to keep it up to date. and I will give them credit. thank you

also, my app takes up less than half the space of the nightly builds and integrates right into safari so more inexperienced users can work with it more easily. in addition, this is my first programming project. i am only 14 and needed some tips.