iPad I Fixed MY iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jlinear, Feb 17, 2014.

1. jlinear, Feb 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2014
  2. ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

The look on her face at 3:51, I know that look and have experienced it when fixig my own devices - worth every minute spent on the repair :)

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

That's cool, I've repaired a whole host of electronic devices and I agree, its getting more and more difficult. I've not done any "repairs" on the iPad or iPhones and I'd probably avoid it if I could.

4. ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

Yeah, I think I would rather take an iPad or iPhone to Apple and let them deal with a repair.

5. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

I've been lucky enough to not crack any of my screens (knock on wood). if i did i probably would just let apple fix it.

6. ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

She's brave, I'll give her that, and she seems to have done a good job.

7. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Kudos to her. I wouldn't try it, as I would probably make things worse. :eek:

8. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Some things in life were never meant for me to do. This would be one of them. Not sure I would have the patience to do it. Best left to the professional that knows what their doing when it comes to this kind of fix. I'll work the extra overtime to pay for it to be done.She seemed pretty pleased though. Good for her!

9. Brian Y macrumors 68040

I've repaired quite a few iPads and iPhones in my time - the iPhones are fine, but I still hate peeling the glass off of iPads!

10. johnparjr macrumors 6502a

johnparjr

Let's see she took her 12 hours total to fix the device. It's not worth the time it cost her more than it would if she just had Apple swap it out

11. ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

Perhaps the experience was more valuable to her than the money it would have cost to have Apple repair the device.

12. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

12 hours of time for a learning experience and for a challenge may be worth it.