I fixed my water damaged ipod touch!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by RobinHood5, Jun 1, 2012.

1. RobinHood5 macrumors regular

Recently I posted a thing about my gmas iPod touch which she watered in the garden. Well, I decided to open it up and pop in a new LCD. It was a breeze and I popped in a new battery and put a new digitizer on as well. It now works like new (and the new LCD looks 10 times better than the old one) and it only cost my dear grandmother $26 for parts.

LCD, battery and digitizer for $26!

2. Paratel macrumors 6502

Paratel

3. nickn macrumors 6502

OP, how did you know the LCD was the problem?

How did the LVS logo work out?

4. RobinHood5 thread starter macrumors regular

Well, It was just an educated guess. The LCD had water splotches on it and I knew it was a problem. I still don't know if it was the LCD because it could be the digitizer but really.... It was sooooo cheap! So my gma gave me her iPod to try to fix It and I sold it back to her for the price of parts. She's so happy! Also I really think I gained a lot of experience doing this. The one thing that I thought I was impossible!

5. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Who charges their grandmother $26...

Congrats on fixing it though.

6. RobinHood5 thread starter macrumors regular

She paid for parts. That's it. I would never ask for anything else, just for what it actually cost me to fix it. Compared to $150-$200 from apple.... Also, i wouldn't have accepted money for the parts if it was an unsuccessful fix.

7. macbookflasher macrumors member

macbookflasher

I fixed my water damaged ipod touch!!!

How you done this I can't believe it.

8. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Still.

Anyway im not here to judge. Congrats on the successful DIY. You may still run into corrosion to due the water but that's probably a few years down the track anyway.

9. RobinHood5 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, I thought about that. I did get it opened up within 36hours of the incident and got it drying.

About gma paying for parts. I'm 15. I don't exactly have much money.its not like I've got loads of cash or even much at all. Also, she tried giving me more just for my time. I was doing good just getting her down to parts...