I fixed the video-out stuttering problem: Requires jailbroken iPod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by TheSpaz, Apr 18, 2008.

1. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Hi, I took a one-week break from MacRumors (forcefully after being temporarily banned for making fun of someone)... anyways... during my break I have discovered how to fix the stuttering video-out playback on the iPod touch running 1.1.4. It requires a jailbroken 1.1.4 (using Ziphone or iLiberty+ or Pwnage Tool) and a couple of files from the 1.1.2 filesystem.

All I did was replaced these two items on the 1.1.4 iPod firmware with the 1.1.2 counterparts:

Use these files from 1.1.2:

Code:
    /System/Library/Frameworks/MoviePlayerUI.framework
    Code:
    /Applications/MobileMusicPlayer.app
    That's it!

I guess the only drawbacks are: No more being able to select chapters and I doubt it can play Rented iTunes Movies... but, I didn't use those features anyway. Also, it DOES play movies PURCHASED from iTunes as well as it played Juno's Digital Copy. Sweet!

I watched the entire movie Juno (853x461) and it didn't skip at all... not even once! Mission accomplished.

Note: I'm pretty sure I cannot distribute the 1.1.2 files you need, so please don't ask for them. (I have a backup of my entire 1.1.2 file system, hehe).

2. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

wow, duh, that is a nice fix, thanks!

3. TheSpaz thread starter macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Are you being serious or sarcastic? Either way, you're welcome!

4. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

quite serious. I have that problem, and this never crossed my mind...

5. TheSpaz thread starter macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Excellent! So you fixed yours?

6. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

Yes i did, but, i cant test the rented movies, since i have no internet (intel 3945's dont like OSX:()

7. TheSpaz thread starter macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Update: Movie rentals still work! NICE! I just rented "War" and it shows up on my iPod touch and I can play it... the only downside is, there's no chapter markers and it doesn't tell me how long I have until it expires... I wonder if it will even expire on my iPod touch... hmmmmm.