I Forgot To Deauthorize iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ghsNick, Jul 5, 2011.

1. ghsNick macrumors 68020

ghsNick

So I exchanged my iMac because I had yellow tinting (this one is much better so I'm keeping it) and forgot to deauthorize my iTunes on that computer.

I erased the HDD on the old iMac and Reset Zero's too.

When I authorized this iMac it said 4/5 were authorized...and I should only have 3...is there any way to deauthorize that computer or will it stay on my account forever?

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

When you have 5 and need one more you'll have the option to reset to zero.

3. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

4. Mitchelino macrumors 6502

As others mentioned, you can deauthorize all machines. Didn't know you had to reach 5 first.

However, you can only deauthorize all once per year. I found that out when I went to deauthorize all for a 2nd time. So if you ever run into that problem, you'll have to deauthorize directly from the computer you want deauthorized.

5. Kasalic macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

If you need to do another total reset before your year is up then a nice polite request to iTunes support works wonders.

6. Mitchelino macrumors 6502

Thanks for the tip! Hopefully an annual reset is all I ever need.

7. dsnows macrumors newbie

From the apple support web sit...

Note: You may only use this feature once per year. The Deauthorize All button will not appear if you have fewer than two authorized computers. If you need assistance on using this feature, please contact iTunes Store support via email (http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/store/).

8. RWinOR macrumors 6502

Greenest and wettest place in North America
    I have found this to be troublesome as well. I have two machines authorized on my account that I can not power up anymore. Both windows machines that the HD failed. I simply replaced the machines (with Macs), without thinking about it until I authorized my new hardware and saw the count.

It would be a really great feature to add to the my account tab a listing of all machines authorized so I can pick and choose which machines I want to leave on the account and which ones to remove. Maybe in the future. :D

9. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Like other people already said, it doesn't really matter as if you run into a problem with the limit you can deauthorize all, and deauthorize those you want to keep. So I don't see Apple adding a feature like that ever.