I found a bug in iphone 4, favorite contact list bug

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by amirhma, Oct 29, 2010.

1. amirhma macrumors newbie

I have found a minor bug in iOS 4.1 , it occurs when you want to add a contact to your contact list

you can see the bug in the video bellow:

http://sibeahani.blogspot.com/2010/10/favorite-contact-list-bug-in-iphone-4.html

1. Open the favorite contact list,
    2. Press the + to to add a contact to your list,
    3. Search a contact
    4. Try to add it to your contact list

Note : search a contact before adding, it only occurs when you search contact, by adding a contact without searching, nothing happens.

we have done it three iphone 4 running iOS 4.1, same thing happed

please try with your iphone and put the results

2. ubestbsteppin macrumors regular

I can't watch Youtube at work, but I followed your directions and nothing seems to be buggy. The contact adds as expected.

3. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Send feedback to Apple at apple.com/feedback

The bug is weird. Sometimes it works fine and other times it crashes. Try different contacts. The Phone app in general seems to be hella buggy in iOS.

4. amirhma thread starter macrumors newbie

good for you ;)
    is it 3gs or 4 ?

follow the video later ;:D
    many ppl confirmed in other forums ;)

5. TruckdriverSean macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Got it!

It closes about 2 out of 3 times when using the search box.

Good find.
    (Jb iP4 on 4.1)

6. brokin macrumors member

7. amirhma thread starter macrumors newbie

if you don't search a contact before adding, it works fine. but if you search contact and then try to add it , it occurs

8. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Sometimes even when you search it works fine...it did for me the first 2 times. But i tried again several times with different contacts and it finally crashed.

9. amirhma thread starter macrumors newbie

10. amirhma thread starter macrumors newbie

11. X5-452 macrumors 6502

X5-452

I just tried it running 4.1 on a 3GS and could not get it to crash. It worked every single time.

12. amirhma thread starter macrumors newbie

you are right, as confirmed by users in other forums, 3gs works fine without any crash,

this bug is only in iphone 4 running os4.1

13. miraishak macrumors member

iphone 4 favorites list bug possible cause and solution

i had the same problem: when i clicked on a name to add it to the favorites after btowzing it, it crashed back to teh main screen. but when i sctoll down the list and add a name, it adds fine. however, this problem was recently fixed as follows:
    i had boght my phone with a global software, not tied with any carrier. and it had "facetime" icon available on each contact. i live in the middle east region, where facetime is not active. so i did a phone restore last week, and when i did the phone restore, the facetime icone disapeared from all contacts. when the facetime icon disapeared, the favorites list bug disapeared as well! when i used to click on any contact to add it to the favorites, it used to give me the choice to add :"voice call" or "facetime" now that there is no facetime, it automatically adds it to the favorites as a voice call. so i guess it is something is the step of choosing between facetime and voice call that used to make it crash. now after facetime disapearing, i can normally from teh favorites page press the + button to add someone, search the contact using the search bar on top, click on teh contact, and it is normally added to the favorites as a voice call. i hope this helps or even makes sence...

details:
    iphone 4
    OS 4.1

14. miraishak macrumors member

i phone 4 MMS bug

i have found a bug and i wanna know if anyone else is having this:
    when i send MMS to a contact i choose from my contact list, after teh MMS is sent, in the messages list, the MMS sent doesn't show teh contact name. instead, it shows the contact number and gives me the option to add the contact as a new contact! although it is already in my contact list. this doesnt' happen with SMS.

can someone test it and let me know?

details:
    iphone 4
    OS 4.1