I Found A Iphone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by johnnyrdeepsea, Mar 19, 2011.

1. johnnyrdeepsea macrumors newbie

Hi I was out tonight and found a AT&T iphone 4, it was late and the battery was dying so I shut it off to save the battery so I could call the owner tomorrow morning. I have a iphone 4 on Verizon and they use the same charger so I turned on the iphone and it wants a passcode. I want to return it to its owner I know there is a application that the person can send a sms to the phone with contact instructions I do not know if this phone has it so I will wait till monday. I no one gets in touch with me can I take it somewhere so I know it will get back to its owner like a apple store? I don't trust at&t stores I think it could get picked up. I am not looking to unlock the phone I just want a way to return it to the right person

2. uanuglyfool macrumors regular

uanuglyfool

you can insert the sim card into another att iphone and attempt to call the owners contacts

3. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

Try doing this. It should work.

4. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

Passcode? You mean the 4 digit one you can turn on/off in the iPhone settings, or do you mean a SIM password?

If it's the basic passcode you can still hold in the home button to activate voice control, and you can try commands like "call home" or "call mum/dad", etc.