I found a mighty mouse on the ground.......

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by maclover001, Sep 28, 2008.

1. maclover001 macrumors 6502a

maclover001

I was walking to my local NCIX to get some more RAM for my Macbook, and on the corner of the street I found a bluetooth Mighty Mouse. How strange...

I picked it up, there were no batteries, it was covered with dirt, and it had a few scratches.
    After I got the RAM, I went home and installed it, and tried to get the mouse working. I cleaned it with a dry dishcloth, put in some batteries, and tried to pair it with my MacBook. It works!!! :D

One thing though, the scroll wheel is has got lots of dirt clogged in it. Whats the best way to get it out?

Maybe I should walk more often............

BTW, I found it in Kitsilano, Vancouver, Canada. On the corner of 10th and Arbutus. Anyone have any idea where this came from?

2. aethelbert macrumors 601

Try to just rub a lint-free cloth or alcohol pad over the scroll wheel for about a minute. That usually cleans it out. Get used to it; you'll be doing it often if you keep a Mighty Mouse.

3. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

You can get some Aerosol Electronics cleaner you can spray besides the wheel, and it won't harm the circuits.

4. Vulcan macrumors 65816

Vulcan

Most likely someone coming from, well, anywhere they'd need their MacBook and a wireless mouse with it. Congratulations on the find, and use the advise above to clean it off.