I found an Aluminum iPhone dock

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by SimonClean, Dec 8, 2011.

1. SimonClean macrumors newbie

2. -y0- macrumors 6502

-y0-

3. Neolithium macrumors 6502a

Neolithium

Kinda like the design but between kids and animals in my house, I'd be worried about the connector to my phone...

4. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

I like it but i have a few problems
    -the cable is not supplied so you are paying for a chunk of cut metal
    -all the phones weight is being supported by the dock connector with no support.
    How much,?

5. egk69 macrumors 6502

too expensive for a piece of aluminum block that really doesnt have much style or anything...

6. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

7. greg555 macrumors 6502a

Yup. Back support would be nice, but then it would have to be adjustable since case thicknesses vary.

8. KylePowers macrumors 68000

KylePowers

That is a very tall dock.

I know this isn't a dock, per se, but I have it on my desk right next to my iMac and it fits in quite nicely... plus it has the advantages of charging my iPhone and playing music/sound extremely well. It also has a remote!
    [​IMG]
    It's pretty dated (almost 5 years old), but I like it. Besides, with iCloud and syncing via Wi-Fi, who even uses USB anymore :p

EDIT: Model is CPF-IP001 (sort of an odd choice of numbers there by Sony). The idea here is maybe to try looking at speaker systems instead of just docks? Perhaps there're more options in the aluminum/silver category?

9. dthmtlgod macrumors 6502

10. Mactagonist macrumors 65816

I ordered one, looks interesting and I like to support small, made in the USA efforts.

?

Do you know how kickstarter works?

11. greg555 macrumors 6502a

It's his/her only post so it may be spam or it could just be someone who supported the kickstart project and wants it to succeed (by telling other people about the great think they found).

12. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

i was picturing something like the apple dock made out of aluminum which would be really cool. I'd be too worried about snapping the cable off into the phone on this one.

Also if you want something like this you could also just go to a machine shop and give them specs for the cable hole and they can cut you whatever shape you want