I found an HP-12C in my garage, NEVER opened.

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by Creative One, Apr 25, 2009.

1. Creative One macrumors 6502

Creative One

Hey, I found an old HP calculator brand new in box. (Although the box must of been written on and was in very bad shape! I took some pictures of it with my phone and it seems so... Old:p The manual is about as thick as a dells manual :eek: I've included some pictures, and am contempulating to send the registration card in, but I dont know if they'd call or something? :confused:

http://gallery.me.com/wyatt.mcparland#100100

Anyways, is this worth pennies today?

Thanks,
    W.

PS; 1982 must of been a good year to afford a $150 calculator. :p Took me 10 min to find out how to clear the numbers. Oddly enough, it saves the last number when you turn it off! :eek: ( I wish todays did that!)

2. Creative One thread starter macrumors 6502

Creative One

3. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

^^^ Yes.

Did you get any PM's with offers? LOL...

Well, anyways, there are Calculator Collectors, especially with HP and you have it complete in box. List it on eBay and see what you get.

BTW - don't send the registration card in, it will lower the unit's value and HP will laugh at you.

4. Creative One thread starter macrumors 6502

Creative One

Hey thanks, and sorry if that sounded rude. I wasn't trying to sell it.

5. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

^^^ Understand. I'm just surprised if you don't already have some offers.

Keep it - they're cool. Or sell it on eBay for some cash-ola...

6. Bobjob186 macrumors 6502

I just paid $60 for a new model 12-C on ebay, I bet there are some corporate finance guys or IB's who would die for this little guy. Keep it, that thing will be a gem one day, especially if the economy gets better, and the older generation wants to be reminded of their business school days.

7. Creative One thread starter macrumors 6502

Creative One

I wish I had some offers! :D I'd be willing to part very very cheap on this haha. Guy on ebay had the 1983 edition (No leather pouch and different box) on ebay, and bidding was going high at $80+

Never knew it was that much...

8. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

I had no idea these were worth anything. Though upon reflection a practically useless Altair is quite valuable.

I have a Lloyd's Model: E615-2 Series: 713A calculator from the mid to late 70's that was my grandfathers. This is the calculator I use somewhat regularly.

I would not part with it as it was my Grandfathers and the only thing of his that I have a use for. But I am curious as to what it is worth. It still has its original faux leather case and manual in excellent condition and the calculator itself is in good condition. Wear marks on edges and back of the calculator.

9. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

Just like us Apple collectors, there's Vintage Calculator collectors, especially with HP and TI calculators.

I found out about it when my old HP 20S Scientific got a cracked screen, and just went on to ebay to buy a replacement on the cheap, little did I know...

(here's a current auction for one and bidding starts at $50... :eek:)

http://cgi.ebay.com/HP-20s-Scientif...6|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:0|293:1|294:50

At least, I managed to find a replacement from someone that didn't know their worth and used buy-it now (for the calculator only, nothing else) for $30... still... :eek: