I found an iPhone 4S exterior design change?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CADiP4S, Oct 16, 2011.

1. CADiP4S, Oct 16, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2011

CADiP4S macrumors newbie

Ok, so my black 32GB iPhone 4 was just glass front and back and the antenna. Now, on my white 64GB iPhone 4S, there's like a lip or rubber/plastic barrier between the antenna and the glass on the front and the back? Anyone else notice this change? It's actually kinda weird...

2. Jman13 macrumors 68000

That's always been there, it was just black on your iPhone 4. White shows shadows easily, so the separation you're seeing is from the white layer shadowing a bit. It's not a different construction, though.

3. calviin macrumors regular

I don't have an iPhone 4 but I can't compare the two but there is a gap between the plastic and glass. Do you have the same problem?

4. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

My black 32GB iPhone 4 has a plastic border around the edge of the glass, both front and back. It's not very noticeable, in fact I would not have known it was there except for seeing a white phone. The border is much more noticeable in white. On the black phone, it's most visible when you angle the phone to reflect something. The border doesn't reflect anything, which is the only way to see it.

5. CADiP4S thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

You know what it is, it sticks up on the new 4S - I couldn't feel it on the other one...