I found an oddity maybe a fix...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nospeed411, Jun 25, 2010.

1. nospeed411 macrumors 6502a

Ok so I was sitting here being pissed about the signal thing and reading these forums has not helped my anger. I got a call from my wife and was on the phone maybe 2 mins. I noticed that the battery dropped to 96% from 100% after 1 call. WTF?? So i cycled the power off and on and now it reads 99%. Made three more calls and no change. I also noticed that now I can't get my signal to drop from the full 5 bars down to 2 like it was. No matter how I hold it it will not lose any signal strength. I am officially beyond confused...happy but confused.

Discuss

2. aevreyb macrumors newbie

Hmm...I just turned mine off and back on and when I hold the phone tightly with the black bands covered, my signal does not drop anymore. Haha wtf?

3. Spectrum48k macrumors newbie

I like many, hope that there perhaps is some software fix to the signal issue - not sure how, but we can hope. SJ's response is a let down and tarnished Apple in my mind. It's obvious that SJ doesn't give a damn and with the whole 'Walled Garden', secrecy thing... I feel that perhaps SJ is getting more like Rockefeller each and every step of the way and look what happened to him... lol

4. iMoo macrumors regular

iMoo

Well if anything you made me turn off my phone and turn on again (boots bit faster than my 3G) but NO there is no difference and the signal still drops :confused:
    Really really really hope this is a software fix and one that actually works and not just Apple making your phone display 5 bars even though it should be 3.
    I'm guessing unfortunatly it's a manufacturing fault, but saying that even if they do the above, they can't get around using a "speed test" app to work out the true speeds.
    If they try and con us in this way, it will look even worse for them.....what a tarnish on the excitment i first had about the getting the phone :( Shame i already agreed to sell my 3G otherwise may have been tempted to stick with it.

5. nospeed411 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Now 2 hours or so later and mine is still fine. I get a not so great signal at work and have help phone for 20 mins and still has original 4 bars it had when I got here. I am thinking my phone doesn't have the ant issue but my signal loss was due to it needing a reboot and different network settings.

6. Luminyx macrumors member

When I purchased my iPhone yesterday and played around with it in the store, I had the antenna / signal problem. I was a tad upset but I wasn't going to fuss over it (this was already iPhone #2. #1's battery was drained when we took it out, and even after it was charged a little, it didn't turn on). Now, I try to replicate the signal drop, but I can't seem to do it. I've tried holding my phone every which way possible and it won't drop. I think it may do it sometimes, but not to the point where I can complain.

But thanks for the battery warning. I have been keeping an eye out on my battery since I'm not sure how fast it's supposed to drain since this is also my first smartphone (was about 65% when I received it 9 PM EST last night, 51% when I went to bed at 12 AM, and 47% when I woke up at 7 AM, 31% by 9 AM after some web surfing and watching a youtube video).