I found the darwin award post regarding tablets

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Stirolak123, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Stirolak123 macrumors 6502

Lol browsing the gamespot forums look what I found:

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/27594150/thoughts-on-apple-ipad-2?page=1

"You clearly didn't do enough research when buying a netbook. There are netbooks that are as thin as the iPad and are marketed as having over 12 hours of battery life(tow more than the iPad), and you get an actual keyboard for typing documents! Now the thing with these "tablets" made by both Google and Apple are that they can only do 2 things. Surf the web, while limited by not having flash, and write documents that you won't be able to do anything with because you don't even have USB ports. The rest are just fart apps, or shortcuts to other websites. It is literally a big screen smartphone without the "phone" part, and you're paying $500-$800 for one, more than a netbook that can do all it can do and way much more, and around the same or more expensive than an actual laptop that can do everything under the sun and then some."

And the same poster, whonhas nintendo all over his sig wrote this as well on that thread:

"I just wish this watered down tablet with cellphone specs fad would just die already. Google and Apple seem to be in a race to see who can open and run Angry Birds Faster while at the same time feeding millions of useless products down people throats by marketing them as the end-of all gadgets, when they're clearly not."

Darwin ward?

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Wouldn't say that it qualifies for a Darwin award. While not exactly the brightest thing to say, I don't see how it will result in the poster's death.

3. kutsushita macrumors regular

kutsushita

Once Steve hears about this he'll get his hired goons to off this kid. :D

4. JoeG4 macrumors 68030

JoeG4

5. thetruth1985 macrumors 6502

From reading this post, I can only assume that:

This guy owns a netbook
    He cannot afford a tablet
    He's a idiot

6. Stirolak123 thread starter macrumors 6502

Hes one of those people who sit on the sidelines and let technology pass them by while using archaic and outdated equipment.

7. ditzy macrumors 68000

ditzy

While I think what the guy said was absolute rubbish, it is hardly Darwin Award territory. If he has died since that post, which I doubt, it was not the post that caused his death.