I found the Kindle app for Leopard

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by XPcentric, Mar 19, 2012.

1. XPcentric, Mar 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2012

XPcentric macrumors 6502

When the Kindle app was released some time ago, I've downloaded and after not seeing much usefulness with it because of the format/extension, I've put it on an old hard drive. Then I needed to check some effects but I could not find it again on the whole internet, hard to believe.

Now that I found it, I looked whats so special about it, and will recommend the features to the Skim pdf reader developers. I liked the Sepia tone feature, along with the white on black background switch (but that can be done on OSX anyway with Ctrl+Alt+Cmd+8). Other than that I like that a page can be switched to be displayed as two columns per page. There is also text effect like editing the distance between characters, lines and also magnification.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

From Amazon.com: Kindle for Mac:

3. XPcentric thread starter macrumors 6502

yes, this time the've put the right link for Leopard, I've downloaded it before and I could not install. Whats new compared with the previous version is that the pdf books moved into the Kindle Contend show up now in Library, but its non useful again as they cant be open with Kindle but only with external app. No new features. Skim still rules!

by the way I've received a message from a moderator who thought I plan to sell such a rare software!!!

4. MacRumorsQA, May 11, 2012
    Last edited: May 11, 2012

MacRumorsQA macrumors newbie

Kindle for Mac version 1.6.2 (for Leopard)

Greetings Kindle users,

On May 11, 2012 I was able to download Kindle for Mac version 1.6.2 (for Leopard) from this link:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000423923

Look for the System Requirements section for the link; it's after the half way point down the page.

I'm using this kindle software in the USA although the link is from the UK. My prior purchased books DID download into it successfully.

If you find that the prior posted link from GGJstudios on March 19, 2012 gets deactivated or if its for an older version which might not have several useful features such as highlighting, you may want to try my link.