I found this running in Console

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Monk Edsel, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Monk Edsel macrumors regular

I was trying to troubleshoot running multiple printers running on our Airport Extreme at work, and decided to look at the Console since the option was there. When I closed the Console window, there was another window running underneath it. I don't really understand how all of this works, but there appears to be "something" looking every five seconds for Nikon software that I installed and uninstalled over a year ago for a camera I bought and ended up not keeping. At the time I was on a different Mac, and this is the third Mac I have had since installing the software. I used the Migration Assistant from the first Mac to the second, and from the second to the current, and what ever it is that's still looking for this software seems to have made the leap from each machine as well. Anyway, I attached an image of the Console, does anyone have any idea what I need to do to get whatever it is looking for the Nikon software to stop looking for it? Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

search for "Nikon" in Finder search with a "System files - include" search parameter and "File name" selected and delete files you think may have been left behind after you deleted the Nikon software.

3. forgottensoft macrumors regular

You should look in the following places and delete the files that have nikon in them

System>Library>Application Support
    ~>Library> Application Support
    ~>Library>Anything Nikon

also do as stated above and search, but Spotlight has a tendency to miss things. Also use AppZapper if you still have the Nikon Application

4. Monk Edsel thread starter macrumors regular

Wow guys, thanks. I found all of the lingering Nikon files and deleted them. There were three total, in two different locations. I didn't find them until I Spotlight searched in the Library and System folders. I found one empty directory on my own. Once I rebooted, whatever it was stopped looking for the missing files. Awesome!

Now that I'm looking at it, the Console is actually a fascinating portal to the inner workings of the computer. I decided to keep it in my dock! Pairing my phone has never been so interesting!