I frakkin' hate my dusty pockets

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nykwil, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Nykwil macrumors 65816

Nykwil

Not so much my jean pockets since they are usually tight, but every time i plop my iPhone into my khaks it flops about collecting lint and dust.

It doesn't help that i have an incase slider and all that stuff just collects right around the lip of the case.

I don't wanna start carrying around a can of compressed air either. :mad:

Anyone else have this same gripe?

I should just go case less all together

2. daveishere macrumors 6502a

daveishere

Try an invisible shield. No added Bulk. Protects your iPhone against scratches. But you're screwed if you drop it. But i dont.

3. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

4. Nykwil thread starter macrumors 65816

Nykwil

I hate applying em on, and after about 6 months they get yellow or the blue from my jeans transfer onto em.

Plus the little corner tabs begin peeling from dust accumulation

5. daveishere macrumors 6502a

daveishere

I've had mine for about six months now, and all still seems to be good. I suppose an IS isn't for everyone though, and they are a right mission to apply. You need at least 2 hours of concentration and patience to apply them right.

6. Nykwil thread starter macrumors 65816

Nykwil

not to mention after I apply it i have to be patient for at least 12-24hrs so it can cure properly, but I always end up turning on my phone and using it after 2hrs

7. TMade09 macrumors newbie

Yeah, the IS isn't my favorite either. I have one on my Ipod 5G and the corners look terrible...people think my ipod has been abused. The corners peel up and dust and dirt get in there making it look bad.

8. tsice19 macrumors 6502a

tsice19

I use a Slider and front Invisible Sheild. Keeps the screen fairly clean 24/7 with little smudges and 0 scratches.

The back and bezel are in fantastic condition as well. There are a few hairline scratches here and there, but for the most part, the IS and Slider take the brunt of abuse.

9. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

Yep, thats why I took mine off... it turned kinda yellow and since I have a white iPhone, you can really notice it. I guess it wouldn't be so bad if you had a black iPhone... and yeah, some of the corners turned black from stuff getting caught in it and stuff... so i took it off.. it only lasted like 3 months

10. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

And this is why I'm getting a vaja ivolution case (either the GT or the flap less standard ivolution).

I can stand the dust and crap that settles in there, and I'm hoping the GT with the flap will protect it more then what I have now.

11. Nykwil thread starter macrumors 65816

Nykwil

dont get me started on how horribly slow vaja's site is

12. computermilk macrumors 6502

Wow!! i have the 100% same gripe!!!!

I can't stand it! =/

13. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

agreed, its awful but their cases are the best.

14. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

I hated the lint so much I used a lint roller inside my pockets, haha. That helped until the next wash.

I love my InvisibleSHEILD, but there is an InvisibleSHIELD kiosk outside the Apple store I go to, and they do installations. It cost me 10 bucks but now if it ever starts peeling I just bring it in and they swap it out and install it for free.

15. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

I have the Incase slider too, and there is always tons on dust and dirt crap where the lip of the case meets the screen, as well as under the back of the case.