I get a kick out of this...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bbplayer5, Jun 12, 2009.

1. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

People on blogs ripping others for wanting the same prices as new customers. "Everyone else has to wait to years for their phone, you should too".

The difference is... When is the last time you saw a line form outside of ATT for a Nokia, Samsung, LG phone? When is the last time you saw an entire internet community so amped up for new products to be released? Ever watch a keynote for a Samsung flip phone? Times have changed.

Money talks and people are passionate about their technology. People forget Apple is a computer company and has a lot of swagger. Their customers expect the best.

AT&T is dropping the ball here in a big way.

2. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

I get a kick out of people and their entitlement syndrom....

3. damesJ macrumors member

Agreed. Apple and At&t could do what they did with the 1st gen iphone. Not subsidize so you end up paying at least 499 and 599 anyway. They're doing you a favor by cutting the cost of the phone in the first place. It's how the cell phone industry works.

4. bbplayer5 thread starter macrumors 68030

Nothing to do with entitlement. Its common sense and would be beneficial for them.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

who cares what people write on their blogs or even whining here.

I also don't think ATT is dropping the ball. People are pre-purchasing the phone in seemingly great numbers so while people are complaining, its not enough for those not plunk down the $$

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

It is entitlement and how is it common sense for AT&T? Treat iPhone customers differently than all their other customers? You know what that would do to them as a company? People using other phones who have been denied upgrades in the past would undoubtedly be pissed and rightfully so.

Just because you (we) have iPhones does not set us aside from all the rest nor does it somehow allow us to have some sort of special privileges.

7. hefeglass macrumors 6502a

its absurd...kids today think they should have the world handed to them

I know that these same kids arent even paying for this stuff themselves...seems sorta funny that they are so concerned with prices knowing their parents will foot the bill. i hate todays youth...with a passion

8. JohnFa macrumors regular

That's my new sig, right there :)

9. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

New customers are being put into new contracts. Old customers are merely being required to meet their existing contracts before getting new ones. The phones are subsidised and are not technically paid off until the end of the contract period. Thus, people cannot just get the newest iPhone exactly when they want it without paying off their contract/phone in some way. It's totally fair.
    Those ripping on the iPhone complainers are merely sick of hearing the whinging about something so ridiculous.

Frankly I'm stunned that a bunch of supposed adults not only can't understand the concept of a contract but that they think companies should be bending over backwards and accepting financial losses for their wants and precious customership. It is an entitlement complex and it's disgusting.

10. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

How would it be beneficial for AT&T to give you $200 or $300 that you're not entitled to?

11. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

bbplayer5, I am really pasionate about the new 15" Macbook Pro!

Would you please buy one for me?

You're not going to drop the ball here, are you? Come on, get with the program!

After all, buying me a laptop would just be common sense!