I get this message when I connect my iPhone to itunes?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by grossly, Sep 17, 2015.

1. grossly macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I've switched over to a different computer because my old one was having problems.
    I want to sync my iPhone to my new computer but I get this message when I plug my iPhone in to sync with iTunes:

[​IMG]

Will it erase EVERYTHING from my iPhone? I'm most concerned about my contacts and apps. Is there a way around this message? If so, what is it? Also, is there an alternative - Like a way to backup my apps and contacts to a program or something, so that later I can sync them back to my iPhone? Or a way I can export my apps and contacts, so to speak and put them into my current itunes library. Kind of like tricking itunes into thinking my iPhone has been already synced with my new computer already?

The main point is that I do not want to lose my contacts and apps.

Thanks in advance,
    Jeremy

2. E3BK macrumors 68020

E3BK

Yes, it will erase everything. Where is the old computer? Did you backup your files from there (music, apps, etc) before moving to the new computer? If you still have that computer, you should move your entire iTunes folder to the new computer - mainly music, videos & ringtones. You can backup your contacts in iCloud and apps can always just be redownloaded from the app store. Once you've purchased it, you own it and you can download it to any device you're signed in to.

But you should definitely hit CANCEL and back up to iCloud right now.

3. grossly thread starter macrumors newbie

I have the computer, but can't get the file needed. I can however backup to icloud! Can you link me to a place that has a tutorial on how to get things that are backed up to icloud to my new iTunes library please?

Much appreciated!
    Jeremy

4. E3BK macrumors 68020

E3BK

here you go. https://support.apple.com/kb/ph12521?locale=en_US

5. grossly thread starter macrumors newbie

I backed up my iPhone to iCloud via my iPhone, but when I go to the iCloud program on my computer it only shows the backup from my iPad and not my iPhone, which I just backed up to iCloud. How can I access my iPhone backup please?

Thanks!

6. E3BK macrumors 68020

E3BK