i give up! i cant get movies to sync!..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nojokews6, Jul 14, 2008.

1. nojokews6 macrumors regular

i used 5 converters... i just dont think its the problem..the movies go into the folder but dont sync for anything. Whats the problem?

2. pcorrado macrumors regular

download a program called handbrake, convert it to the iphone profile they give. Import that file in iTunes and it should sync no problem

3. nojokews6 thread starter macrumors regular

i downloaded handbrake and it still doesnt work.. i dont know what else to do.

4. D3lta macrumors 6502a

Did you make sure to 'check' the movies in the Video tab?

5. nojokews6 thread starter macrumors regular

with handbreak i cant locate the files on my computer to convert. they dont show up when i browse.

6. nojokews6 thread starter macrumors regular

7. pcorrado macrumors regular

8. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

OK
    If you have already converted the video files to an iPod ready format they need to go into iTunes. iTunes is the conduit for getting al your media onto an iPhone.

If the video files are in the correct format they get dragged into iTunes (the program, not a folder, iTunes will manage your library for you) and from there they go onto the phone.

If they are in your iTunes library - they should be under the "Movies" item in the left hand column and they DON'T go onto the iPhone then they are NOT in the right format. If they are in iTunes and in the right format they WILL go over to the iPhone.

iTunes is necessary for getting media and info onto the iPhone. If it's not in iTunes it's not going to go on the iPhone.

9. nojokews6 thread starter macrumors regular

why wont handbreak let me choose a file on my computer? every video i have is not recognized by handbreak

10. demiurgical macrumors member

Handbrake is more for ripping DVDs. Use iSquint to convert video files for your iPhone.

~

11. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Ergh, calm down.

Handbrake - Rips DVDs to video files playable on the iPod.
    iSquint/Visual Hub - Converts one video file to a format playable on the iPod.

Once you have the resultant file you need to put it into iTunes and from there you can put it on the iPhone.

12. nojokews6 thread starter macrumors regular

iam using a pc so that software wont work for me.

13. nojokews6 thread starter macrumors regular

14. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

OK - that's the kind of information that would have been useful at the start of the thread.

Check out "Videora" - it's a video converter for a Windows computer.

The issue here is that AVI is not a format - it's container and as such can be used to hold all sorts of different file formats. The iPod utilises two standard video formats - MPEG-4 and H.264 - Videora should be able to convert AVI files into either of these two formats.

Once the file is ready make sure you drag it into your iTunes library (drag it into the open iTunes window) and then you can put it on the iPhone.

15. nojokews6 thread starter macrumors regular

sorry iam new at this. i downloaded Videora and it is converting a movie now (about 50% done) the original file was MPEG-4. i usually just click on the movie icon to the left then when the empty window shows up i drag it in. it shows up in the empty window but when i sync it doesnt show up on my phone. i have video checked off to sync in itunes. thanks in advance