I give up!!

Silver78

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 24, 2013
Denmark
I have decided to give up my macbook pro.
Simple things on mac made so difficult with last being my logitech bluetooth mouse not connecting .. I had enough.
I am giving it to my girlfriend and getting a new pc laptop.

I installed 16gb ram on this macbook pro non retina and want to add an SSD for her also.

My question is since i do not need anything else on the mac and will not use my apple id anymore. Do i need to clone the old harddrive before i make the switch.
Can i simply switch the harddrive to a new ssd, turn on the mac and install fresh system?
Or do I need to copy anything to the ssd first?

Silver78

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 24, 2013
Denmark
Well... so long...!
Ohh your not getting rid if me that easy more apple products so more problems
Since i stopped wear my series 0 apple watch i at least solved that problem.
[doublepost=1562513120][/doublepost]
Assuming your MacBook is new enough to have Internet recovery, you don't need to copy anything from the old drive. Just install the new drive then boot to Internet recovery (command-option-r) and format the new drive and install the OS.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202313
It is a macbook pro 2012 non retina
So you think i can just take out old drive and add the ssd no need to prepare anything else? Okay i try

Silver78

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 24, 2013
Denmark
Yep... that model has Internet recovery.
Thanks a lot that was much easier than expected.
Since i am danish and my girlfriend is vietnamese i wonder
if possible to use two apple accounts on the mac?
Danish and vietnamese language at same time ... or simply just two different accounts with english?

Gregg2

macrumors 603
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
I have decided to give up my macbook pro.
Simple things on mac made so difficult....
No offense intended; this sounds like you're used to Windows and can't adapt to the way things are done in macOS, at least to some extent. Another option is to work out the issues with help from the Forum or other means.

Silver78

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 24, 2013
Denmark
No offense intended; this sounds like you're used to Windows and can't adapt to the way things are done in macOS, at least to some extent. Another option is to work out the issues with help from the Forum or other means.
Yes that seem to be the case:) anyone know how i fix the broken mouse on the mac? It scroll the wrong way!!!

Silver78

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 24, 2013
Denmark
I'll be happy to take it off your hands, I'll pay for shipping for you to send it to me.
I gave it to my girlfriend for work.
I just sold all apple accessories... I had apple keyboard, mouse and trackpad all new in the box i purchased many years ago ... I was waiting for a new mac mini that just did not happen.
Apple tv 4k also gone (wonder why i purchased the 64gb version because no matter how much i wanted i never managed to fill up more than a few gb if not less)
My apple watch series 0 collect dust... when the watch os finally became good my watch was no longer supported (it is expensive to be a beta tester in the apple world)
I wanted the homepod bad but apple f...... that up with the lockdown of apple music only.
My airpods annoy the hell out of me .. had for more 2 years and was given a new pair under warranty and don’t know if it is the new pair or some update but the ease of use is gone... always connection problem.. all my other headphones do better and easier unfortunately.
I have left the ipad which i use for media consumption.. but I am a victim of the apple google war since i use safari for you tube and i tell you it is a hassle.. more problems every week.. almost impossible to enjoy anymore (and no the youtube app is a choice for me I simply hate ads so much i would rather avoid you tube than look at ads.. youtube red is not an option in my country)
Finally there is my iphone which I change every year.. apart from this time i still hold on to my 7plus going on year 3 and will also go for year 4 with that one.
The insane prices on iphones honestly made me go from apple fan to just wanting to escape the apple ecosystem (I once visited cupertino to buy apple swag that is how much an apple fan i was)
But no more! My next phone will not be apple.

davidlv

macrumors 65816
Apr 5, 2009
Kyoto, Japan
Yes that seem to be the case:) anyone know how i fix the broken mouse on the mac? It scroll the wrong way!!!
That scroll direction is a setting in the System Preferences/Mouse Pane called scroll direction where Natural means the content follows your fingers and "unnatural" (unchecked) is the way it used to be. Getting used to the "new" way is beyond me too!

mj_

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2017
Austin, TX
Thanks .. now i just wonder how i get the rest of buttons to work on my mouse.
Forward and back does not seem to work in safari?
You do the same thing you have to do on Windows: you go to logitech.com, download the latest drivers/software for your mouse, and install it. Among other things this would also allow you to reverse natural scrolling.