Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aravintht

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 7, 2007
London, UK
I used to have the old iPhone

upgraded to the 3g

got it on 11th july - the home button didnt work so i had to wait till july 25th for a new one and couldn't use the phone

finally got to use the phone properly and had loads of problems with it restarting, freezing etc etc

did the software update, still having issues

tried to cancel my o2 contract, o2 have said no as its gone 14days, even though the phone didn't work for the first 14days

they told me to pay £45 X17 if i want to cancel or just wait till mid-september for the next firmware update

i am now using my BB curve but can't use the internet as you can't get a blackberry bolt on for an iPhone contract..

anyone have any ideas how to persuade o2 to allow me to break my contract. I'm more than happy to get another o2 contract, i just want a phone that works!

thanks in advance

Auzburner

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2008
Syracuse, NY - USA
good luck

Well, I'm in the US, but you could try going into the store and using some loud obnoxious words and progress to "persuasive" language if all else fails... Keep us up on how it goes. Sorry for such a poor experience...

snook911

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2007
Yorba Linda, CA
I used to have the old iPhone

upgraded to the 3g

got it on 11th july - the home button didnt work so i had to wait till july 25th for a new one and couldn't use the phone

finally got to use the phone properly and had loads of problems with it restarting, freezing etc etc

did the software update, still having issues

tried to cancel my o2 contract, o2 have said no as its gone 14days, even though the phone didn't work for the first 14days

they told me to pay £45 X17 if i want to cancel or just wait till mid-september for the next firmware update

i am now using my BB curve but can't use the internet as you can't get a blackberry bolt on for an iPhone contract..

anyone have any ideas how to persuade o2 to allow me to break my contract. I'm more than happy to get another o2 contract, i just want a phone that works!

thanks in advance

You should be able to switch phones and stay on the same contract. What if you lose your iphone? Are you telling me they would make you keep the iphone plan even though you don't have an iphone anymore. Did you try just telling them I want to switch phones and am not going to be using the iphone anymore. As long as you stay with O2 you should be able to switch phones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.