I got a "D" In Linex Coding

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by rantingrich, Mar 11, 2015.

1. rantingrich macrumors regular

First off I am NOT A CODE ZOMBIE. A couple of days ago and new off site company has taken over all our IT stuff. Some of the machines are are acting od, most imac and cheese grater macpros running 1.7 to 10.9. I ran disk utilities permissions and have a bunch that can not be repaired.. Here is one line

Permissions differ on “System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/Support/Remote Desktop Message.app/Contents/Resources/pl.lproj/UIAgent.nib”; should be -rw-r--r-- ; they are drw-r--r-- .

It says the DRW need to read RW and it can't repair them. Apparently the D stands for DIRECTORY!

Does anyone know what this is all about and if or should I some how change DRW to RW via the Terminal or ROOT?

2. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

According to Apple, that is not a permissions error to be worry about. It has been an on again / off again OS bug.

3. dyt1983, Mar 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2015

dyt1983 macrumors 65816

edit: To remove personally identifying information not relevant to the thread.

4. rantingrich, Mar 11, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2015

rantingrich thread starter macrumors regular

another "D"

Well this is all well and good but none of my unrepairable permissions are in this list.. see image...

Also I know this company has made an invisible Admin. Account on all our machines because I found it, so they have probably done some hidden tinkering with the remotemanager to gain access to our files , sound and screen monitoring and the unrepairable permission are all almost all the VNC remote manager options ect ect ect. Was that a run on sentence?

A little help.

Attached Files:

5. dyt1983, Mar 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2015

dyt1983 macrumors 65816

edit: To remove personally identifying information not relevant to the thread.