I got a free iPhone case! :-)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Bloake, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Bloake macrumors 6502

Bloake

Hey guys, if you would like a "free" case for your new iPhone 4, I'd like to share my surprise today when I received a free case from SquareTrade.com after purchasing a 2-year coverage from them. I was totally not expecting this but at least now I can make calls with my phone! Thanks squaretrade!

Anyone else get a free squaretrade case?

PS...
    If anyone's interested in signing up for the service, I can refer you and you would get a 20% off coupon (and I get $5 for referrals). PM me if you'd like :)

2. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

I wonder if they require you to use a case? It would save them money if they did. Giving away cases makes a lot of sense. :)

3. detroit1 macrumors regular

4. Bloake thread starter macrumors 6502

Bloake

well the $99 is the insurance coverage. the case was free because it was not part of the price... just a little something extra they added.

5. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

He, he, I think the point is if you have to pay $99 it's not so free. :)

On top of that, if you use it, their expenses will go down....

6. Bloake thread starter macrumors 6502

Bloake

I quoted "free" because I know people would take it literally but as I explained before, it's "free" in a sense that I paid $99 for the warranty coverage and got something extra. it did not cost me more for this case so it was a nice little surprise that came in the mail today... but yes, you still do have to purchase the coverage of course.

7. Bloake thread starter macrumors 6502

Bloake

that is true, but at least i can make decent calls on my phone now! :D it's a win-win for everyone.

8. draz macrumors 6502a

Unless you don't use your $99 then they just got $99 from you.... So they won :p

9. YErakat macrumors member

10. Bloake thread starter macrumors 6502

Bloake

Well you're making it sound like I blindedly handed them my money without getting anything back...which is not true...

11. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

I'd like to see it as well. I doubt it's too high-quality, but that $99 could be a better investment if you get a good case, too.

12. Bloake thread starter macrumors 6502

Bloake

Okay, I have a little admission to make... They actually sent me an iPhone 3GS case because there was an error in my insurance info (it said I purchased an iPhone 3GS insurance coverage) but I spoke to the CSR about this and he fixed it right away and he also said I can keep this case and he will send me a new one for the iPhone 4 which also looks the same except fits the new phone better... I can post a pic of it if y'all still want... It's just a plain black silicone case with their logo on the front... Nothing too fancy... Not much I'd expect for a case I did not intend to receive.

But yeah, my investment was originally for the insurance coverage... this was just a little extra that they sent my way... Like I've said before, i paid $99 for insurance, not the case.

13. jtp098 macrumors 6502a

Square trade always gives free cases.. at some point during your contract they will. they have sent me screen protectors too for my old 3gs.. the case they sent me for my 3gs was a rubber one.. but when i wanted something lighter is was nice.. but yes they do.. I have not gotten one for my ip4 yes but i just set up my plan last week.. I have not checked my mail yet.. I guess I will now..

14. jtp098 macrumors 6502a

you would be saying that when you drop your iphone 4 and crack the back.. and then i do and pay a 50 deductible.. then drop it the next day just for the hell of it and get another ;) it's a great deal you would be out 400 and I 200.. including the initial 99 and two claims

15. mgmusicman94 macrumors 6502a

16. hasek3139 macrumors 6502

yeah i got one to! it looks like a standard a silicon case. nothing fancy, its actually kind of ugly. its grey and has the squaretrade logo on the back