I got a Ipod Touch charging question PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dorg360, Nov 27, 2007.

1. dorg360 macrumors newbie

I have had a AC plug from a previous MP3 player that has the AC plug in where you can plug a usb cable into the charger and plug it into your device.

It looks something like this
    [​IMG]

I am wondering if I can plug my ipod touch usb and use it to charge? it has a red and green led light on the adapter. I am not sure if it is safe to use this type of charger to charge my ipod touch?

It's called Travel Charger Model: LF-003
    Input AC 100-250V 50/60Hz
    Out Put: DC5.0V + 0.5V
    DC400mA

(Just wan know if this is safe? what is ipods required voltage? do not want to overcharge and break or anything happen)

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED! THANKS

2. dandill23 macrumors member

IM NOT POSITIVE SO DO NOT DO THIS UNTIL FURTHER RESPONSE

if the output is 5v, like a regular ipod charger it shoud be fine.

BUT DO NOT DO IT UNTIL SOMEONE ELSE CONFIRMS

3. asmallchild macrumors regular

After spending $300+ on an iPod Touch, I'd highly recommend going with Apple's chargers.

If you're traveling out of the country, I'd even suggest going to the "Genius Bar" and asking for their advice on what kind of adapters you should be using.

Paranoid, overpaying, just flat crazy? Maybe but it's better to be safe than sorry.

4. dorg360 thread starter macrumors newbie

I might just buy one of the AC adapters off ebay. There really cheap.

5. sabgenton macrumors newbie

I have the same charger.

Can I ask did you use it in the end and did it turn out ok?
    because It is so small I am afraid a power surge will go straight through it and wreck what ever I have pluged into it.

Also did it come with a mp3 player and if so what one or did you buy it seperatly?

6. quick5pnt0 macrumors regular

I don't have that charger but technically you should be able to use any charger that has a USB plug like that. The worst that will happen is the 5v line will be disabled and you'll get an error on the touch saying that accessory isn't compatible with the touch. If you don't believe me go search on google and you'll see that its very common for people to use the Zune charger with their Ipods and vice versa.