i got a new mbp...how do i share files?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by romeo26, May 5, 2010.

1. romeo26 macrumors member

i just got a new mbp and i cant for the life of me figure out how to see my x200t from my new computer! the other computers in the house are set up to share files between computers. how can i add the mbp?

2. hypermog macrumors regular

I don't know how to get the local networking to work, but you could try just using Dropbox. It works on Mac OS and Windows.

3. snaky69 macrumors 603

In system preference, sharing, make sure file sharing is checked, click the options, and enable everything, it should work once you reboot.

4. romeo26 thread starter macrumors member

i did that...the problem is i dont know were to go after i reboot the system...iam used to windows were i can click network->(the computer i want)->file.

were would i have to go in finder?

5. snaky69 macrumors 603

If you have home networking enabled on your other computers, they should appear on the left of your finder window, beneath the hard drive. Like so:

Attached Files:

6. romeo26 thread starter macrumors member

thanks....i can see the mbp on my lenovo, but i cant see the lenovo on the mbp...

hmmm...

7. Sneakz macrumors 65816

Sneakz

Enable sharing Windows, then you can press Command+K in Finder to connect, type the IP of the Lenovo (ie. 192.168.0.105 or whatever it is), the enter credentials (user, password if any) and you should be able to see any shared files and folders on the Mac.

That is how I do it.

8. romeo26 thread starter macrumors member

hmmm...now my lenovo cant see my mbp. sorry for being a nag but does any one know or have the time to do a step by step on what to do on both computers? thanks!