I got a rMBP today, should I return it for store credit?

kattjeveln

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 26, 2010
And buy the updated version when it's released?

I already have a 2011 MacBook Air, so I'm in no desperate need of a computer...

Is it worth waiting?

Count Blah

macrumors 68040
Jan 6, 2004
US of A
One might ask why you bought one now. Check how many days you have to return it, to see if you can wait for the announcement at WWDC.

kattjeveln

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 26, 2010
I didn't buy it, it was a gift from my company, and they had to get me the gift in may...

But I'm returning it!

PDFierro

macrumors 68040
Sep 8, 2009
Sounds like a smart move if your employer doesn't mind you returning it and using the money on the new models.

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
how will you return it without receipt? Did the company purchase it?
The applestore will generally give them a store credit, especially if they explain why they're returning it.

You have 14 days to return it just enjoy it for 13 days
How does the OP know when it was purchased - it was given to them by their company. It could have been siting in some closet for 2 weeks.

Ifti

macrumors 68020
Dec 14, 2010
UK
I would return it for store credit if you can.

Im getting a iPad end of August from my company. Im happy with my iPad2 so will probably try to return that for part payment towards a MBA instead!

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
i don't understand these threads
What's not to understand? Someone obtains an item. They decide they want the latest and greatest knowing of the rumors that could turn out to be false, so they come here for a little hand holding and reassurance. I venture to guess the mind of the poster is pretty well made up when they do ask, but people tend to need constant reassurance. Many children are raised to not only want but need reassurance so it should be no surprise that young adults are unable to move forward with any one decision without the nod of someone, stranger or not. ;)

Like I said before, it seemed as though the guy knew what he wanted to do and as it states above, he did it. Only after he got a nod from at least one person.

Well done OP. Today is a good day for decision making.

GermanyChris

macrumors 601
Jul 3, 2011
Here
What's not to understand? Someone obtains an item. They decide they want the latest and greatest knowing of the rumors that could turn out to be false, so they come here for a little hand holding and reassurance. I venture to guess the mind of the poster is pretty well made up when they do ask, but people tend to need constant reassurance. Many children are raised to not only want but need reassurance so it should be no surprise that young adults are unable to move forward with any one decision without the nod of someone, stranger or not. ;)

Like I said before, it seemed as though the guy knew what he wanted to do and as it states above, he did it. Only after he got a nod from at least one person.

Well done OP. Today is a good day for decision making.
Dripping with sarcasm..;)

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Thread seems unnecessary... except I post these myself all the time. :p

"Mmmm... just bought another iPhone, probably should return it and just wait for the next thing."

l.a.rossmann

macrumors 65816
May 15, 2009
Brooklyn
Thinking like this will lead you to never be happy. You have one of the world's fastest laptops. Enjoy it. Use it. Stop thinking about what's coming out tomorrow. You have a computer that boots in 10 seconds, have fun with it.

skaertus

macrumors 68040
Feb 23, 2009
Brazil
Thinking like this will lead you to never be happy. You have one of the world's fastest laptops. Enjoy it. Use it. Stop thinking about what's coming out tomorrow. You have a computer that boots in 10 seconds, have fun with it.
You know... the human being is never happy.