I got a shipped email, turns out its only Apple Care.

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by iRobertM, Aug 9, 2010.

1. iRobertM macrumors regular

2. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

Yep. My iPod Touch and Photoshop CS5 shipped out today.

No Mac Pro yet :(

3. strausd macrumors 68030

My iPod shipped today but still no Mac Pro. I also got the 4-year AppleCare but no shipment on that haha. Wouldn't the shipment of the AppleCare mean that your Mac Pro has now been auto-enrolled for AppleCare and will ship very soon?

4. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

No, because you have to manually enroll AppleCare when you receive the AppleCare box.

5. strausd macrumors 68030

That's not what they told me on the chat thing. If you buy it with the computer then it is auto-enrollment. If you buy it separately then you enroll it with the box.

Go customize a Mac Pro and this is what AppleCare says at the bottom:

"When you purchase the AppleCare Protection Plan and your computer at the same time, you'll be automatically registered in the plan."

6. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

Ohhh, nice! Didn't know that, sorry. I've always purchased my Apple Care separately at a different time.

Hey man, maybe that does mean something if you start to see your AppleCare being "prepared for shipment". Keep on the lookout and let us know.

7. Vylen macrumors 65816

I don't know about AppleCare, but isn't it linked to the serial number of the product?

So for AppleCare to be registered, they would have to already have a machine sitting around at least partially built?

8. strausd macrumors 68030

I just looked and my AppleCare now says delivered, which must mean my system is at least partially done, like the other guy said. Anybody else have theirs say delivered as well?

9. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Same here - and still the 26th for the MacPro

10. Manzanito macrumors member

I got the email from Apple Care today, and it states the extended warranty began YESTERDAY; however, my Mac Pro has an estimated date of arrive of 10 september.

It's the first time I've purchased Apple Care, but, is this correct? One would think that the warranty period should begin the day you receive the product. Apple is just being cheap "stealing" fifteen days of coverage.

11. DesignFusion macrumors member

Same has happened to me mac has shipped but I have not received. However I have had the certificate from apple saying apple care has enrolled! Thats very cheeky!

12. MonkeyET macrumors 6502