I got a twitchy, lagging, crazy 3gs.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jerrycrum, Feb 11, 2010.

1. jerrycrum macrumors member

So on saturday I dropped my 3gs in the toilet. We all know how well they mix with water. So i went to the apple store to get the 200 dollar replacement and all went smooth. I got home with my shiny (dry) new iphone and couldn't be happier. Then later in the day something weird started happening. It started lagging and then froze and restarted itself. Then it started doing it non stop. I restored, set up as a new phone 3 times and it still continued. So i went back to the apple store. Of course it wasn't acting up there. So he restored and told me to come back if it continued to act strange. The second I got home it was acting strange again, so I went back last night and fortunately I grabbed a genius and showed him how it was acting crazy while I waited for my appointment and I had some screen caps from when it was being weird. So I got it replaced. The cool thing was it was a refurb (the faulty one) the replacement was a new one!

Attached Files:

2. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

So this isn't an issue any longer I guess since you have a new one?

3. jerrycrum thread starter macrumors member

No it's no longer an issue, I just thought I would share my experience.