I got an email from Steve Jobs regarding 64-bit Final Cut Suite!

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by EvanAgee, Oct 20, 2010.

1. EvanAgee macrumors member

EvanAgee

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

3. flancia3 macrumors newbie

4. EvanAgee thread starter macrumors member

EvanAgee

Nice attitude there...

I sent this message to Steve Jobs today:

Greetings Mr. Jobs,

I was excited to see the announcements you made today, but was left hanging when there was no announcement of an updated Final Cut Studio. I hope you and others at Apple will remember that your foundation was built on the backs of professional new media producers and scientists who have loved your professional computers and software for years. When will you release an updated version of the Final Cut Studio that will take FULL ADVANTAGE of the wonderful desktop computers and the large amount of RAM they can hold?!?! We need a 64-bit version of Final Cut Studio. Please!

Respectfully,
    Evan Agee​

To my surprise I received this response!

Stay tuned and buckle up.
    Sent from my iPhone​

So there’s hope!

5. lbro macrumors 6502a

lbro

Steve is in Hawaii right now taking a 5 week holiday. He doesn't check his emails while on holidays.

6. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Would you expect the official stance from Apple to be anything else?

There is no more or less hope now than there was 6 months ago when Steve said the next FCP is going to be "awesome".

Lethal

7. martinX macrumors 6502a

martinX

This is great stuff. Let me decode it for you:
    The next FCP will have blazing fast acceleration, faster than that ***** CUDA thing from Adobe.

Every Mac will now come with a TV transmitter.

He has an iPhone.

8. EvanAgee thread starter macrumors member

EvanAgee

Well then apparently someone responds to emails on his behalf, and not Steve himself. Personally I don't care enough to fake it, so you can stuff your insinuations.

9. Alpi69 macrumors newbie

Apple is a commercial company. There goal is to make lots of money. They rather have ousourced devlopers earn them 30 percent on billions of app-downloads than cashing out money to re-invent tools for us pros.

If I were you I´d slowly start looking at other options either on the Mac (Avid, Premiere) or on the PC (Avid, Edius), because Apple won´t come to our rescue when we realize that they left us out there and the competitors are editing without the limiting Quicktime environment and burn BluRays for their customers without having to hack their machines.

FCP development is dead right now. At least that´s how it looks regardless of any 2-liner Mr Jobs sends out.

10. EvanAgee thread starter macrumors member

EvanAgee

I tend to agree with you, which is the main reason I emailed him in the first place. I personally much prefer the interface specifics of Final Cut Studio to the alternatives I've tried for my position and plus I've invested far too much money in software to abandon it and jump on another ship. Plus, I simply don't believe that Apple will ignore the opportunity, especially when they've occasionally shown that they're behind FCP and plan on keeping it up to date. I definitely think they're slow, though.

11. Alpi69 macrumors newbie

Hey Evan, we are all in the same ship having invested heavily in Apple hard/software. Just like you I wondered why he does not at all mention the pro-line of his tools at a keynote like yesterday.
    I can imagine their is quite some stuff going on behind scenes with their general direction being iOS, consumers and touchinterfaces while their FCP-Suite-developers are probably trying to enhance our interfaces in other ways and have to create one interface that fits the FCP-Soundtrack-Motion etc user.

The Lion part was extremely disappointing as we all thin the big hit will be the 64-bit environment and not the "frozen-apps" and even less another app-store. I don´t care about their micro-sell-profit centers, once I have bought a machine for $ 5.000.....

I hope they will bring a new FCP but I won´t hold my breath. Instead I have upgraded my Edius license (although I never use Edius these days)....

12. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Is this really so frowned upon? It seems fair to give him pageviews if he's not spamming and his post is legitimate...

13. bearcatrp macrumors 68000

Looking at the the iLife 11 and seeing it wasn't updated to 64 bit, kind of doubt ( not 100% sure though), that FCS will be redone to where most folks want it to be. To busy with i whatever. Sold my Mac pro and moving to something else. Will use my mini for quick clips to do though. Should find out pretty soon as apple should be rolling out an update pretty soon. Guess we will see then.

14. kmaute macrumors 6502

kmaute

Post email headers please. You can redact any personal info you feel necessary. Thanks.

15. weckart macrumors 68040

He clearly meant "awful". Stupid iPhone spellchecker.

16. allmIne macrumors 6502a

allmIne

No, it's not. Some people are just of a ... certain disposition.