Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Appurushido

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 28, 2012
I got a preorder in... wowhooo!! AT&T Space Grey 256GB! Next up MARIO Odyssey then SD Comic Con badge preregistration.

lienhart

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2013
Website came up early for me as well on my computer! Got it done by 2:57 I think, with my 256GB Silver being shown for 11/03 :) I actually picked the 64Gb on accident and while checking out just knew the price sounded wrong. Went back and changed it and flew through! The website is MASSIVELY slow now so I’m really glad I got it a few minutes early.

HeyGreggie

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2011
THANK YOU to Verizonwireless.com for being open early and breaking the 3am embargo. Ordered at 2:50am, for delivery 11/3.

engelke2010

macrumors 65816
Mar 28, 2010
I was not feeling very positive today, especially when I read there would be only maybe 2-3 million available, but my preorder for 256GB Silver AT&T went through just fine!!! I had decided earlier today to go for Silver as I normally alternate each year between white and black. But I decided at the last second to go for the 256 GB

Reactions: gorkt

meetsam23

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2014
Apple.com and apple store app screwed up. First try on Apple store app ended up in reserved email when tried on ATT next. successfully placed order through ATT.com unexpectedly :)

And then tried one more IUP on apple store app and got to know decision would come in 8 hours. Still waiting. Hopefully it goes through and I am able to cancel ATT order and stick to Apple.
[doublepost=1509089210][/doublepost]Apple.com and apple store app screwed up. First try on Apple store app ended up in reserved email when tried on ATT next. successfully placed order through ATT.com unexpectedly :)

And then tried one more IUP on apple store app and got to know decision would come in 8 hours. Still waiting. Hopefully it goes through and I am able to cancel ATT order and stick to Apple.

ProjectMayhem

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2013
so i did all the smart things today. made sure addresses and credit cards were updated. etc. 12:00 comes. att puts me in a 15 minute queue. next tab, apple store. main page has a preorder link that doesn't work. refresh, go back and forth, etc. iPad and iPhone apple store app still says "come back soon" even though i kill and reopen the app furiously.

finally i get in at about 12:10 on the apple store website. i get to the checkout and it runs me through the att upgrade and has my shipping and billing as two addresses ago. wtf?? update info, go to checkout, worried its not shipping to my billing so i select the nearest in store pickup on launch day just in case. 12:15. everythings fine. i just gotta drive 45 minutes away next friday. super weird that none of my addresses were up to date though when i specifically updated them today.

256gb silver att.

alinefx

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2011
Got in TWO upgrades at ATT - one at 257am and one at 3:09 -first one went through fine, att even gives an option to bill the sales tax to the bill, but NOT on the second one.

SRLMJ23

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2008
Central New York
Got my Space Gray 64gb order in using Apples website. The iPhone App kept giving me errors at the AT&T information part, which I am sure is AT&T fault not Apples, then I got the Reservation Message but I was not settling for that! I got one error while going through the website and had to start over, but the second time it went through, HOWEVER, it says my estimated shipping date is Nov. 17-24 so you know I am little mad about that! Plus, the 24th is Thanksgiving and I travel a day or two before Thanksgiving to go my Grandparents house where the whole family goes, so I really hope and pray it comes Nov. 17-21 or even better on launch day!

The iPhone App did not even go live until 3:10 EST, and the website was right around the same time. Looks like the second year ordering through Apple I will not get my iPhone on launch day! I will get my Blue Cobalt Apple Silicone case on the Nov. 1, so I guess that is one thing that went right.

:apple:

Spacemaster

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2016
Got my Silver 64gb order in using Apple Store App through Macrumors advices ;). I'll pick up next week at the apple store.

djdownhill

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2017
Los Angeles
Tried the AT&T app for the first minute USELESS...

2 minutes later used the Apple App:

Done and done:
64gb Silver to deliver Nov 3.
Appll App.

Took all of 3 minutes with the Apple App start to finish! :D

Jimmie Geddes

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2007
Used the Apple Store app on my 7 Plus and order went through 3:05 am for Verizon 256GB Space Gray with delivery on Nov. 3.

A friend wanted me to order one for him as well, managed to get him T-Mobile silver 256GB via Apple's website with delivery Ships: 2–3 weeks Delivers: Nov 17 - Nov 24.

Finurliig

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2017
Earth
Skärmavbild 2017-10-27 kl. 09.50.16.png
From Sweden: Apple store was unavailable for 10 minutes after launch time, but then I finally got in, and placed an order for 256 Gb space grey iPhone X. Expected delivery nov 13-20. When I checked back a couple of hours later, the shipping estimate had slipped to 5-6 weeks on the swedish Apple store.

plexdk

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2007
Denmark here.. apple store app. was down, so went to the website, which was open around 9:05, ordered, and got silver 256gb, 3nov delivery.. wohooo!!

Reactions: Finurliig

iFranciscoMata

Suspended
Sep 12, 2017
New York
I was super nervous. But at the end I got 3 phones ordered all launch day delivery dates.

Order 2 via Apple App one for my aunt and the other is extra I’m selling so I can buy a ceremic watch lol

And the 3rd was on Verizon’s website which is mine that let me order 6 minutes before 2:01 CST. Sooo woooohoo.

All silver. 2 256 and one 64gb

hallidc

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2013
I had success, however I had to manually go back and chose which iPhone X I wanted as the favourites tab failed to work. Got an immediate ship date of 2-3 weeks though. Ill try and buy one directly from my local Apple store

jmpmntwnty3

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2007
South Carolina
Woo-hoo!! 256GB Space Grey (AT&T) on launch day!!

I had both the website and the app open and I kept refreshing every few seconds for about 10 minutes straight until one of them finally worked. I was surprised the website started working for me at about 3:10 a.m. My order was placed within 2 minutes (thanks to me already pre-selecting my config & carrier weeks ago). I had to choose between November 10-17 delivery or November 3rd in-store pickup. Guess which one I chose ;)

Went back maybe 5 minutes later to do a test order and in-store pickup option was gone and shipping date was November Nov 24 - Dec 1. FIVE MINUTES, YOU GUYS. That's not a long time lol. Pure madness.

I'm super amped that I'll be getting a launch date phone though!

Last edited:

JohnMaddened

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Woke up at 6:00 a.m. local time figuring I wouldn't bother trying in the middle of the night. Went through the process on Apple's site (AT&T carrier) and supposedly I got it at launch to pick up in store (256GB Grey). Seems hard to believe it'll actually be available. Thoughts?
[doublepost=1509109389][/doublepost]
Woo-hoo!! 256GB Space Grey (AT&T) on launch day!!

I had both the website and the app open and I kept refreshing every few seconds for about 10 minutes straight until one of them finally worked. I was surprised the website started working for me at about 3:10 a.m. My order was placed within 2 minutes (thanks to me already pre-selecting my config & carrier weeks ago). I had to choose between November 10-17 delivery or November 3rd in-store pickup. Guess which one I chose ;)

Went back maybe 5 minutes later to do a test order and in-store pickup option was gone and shipping date was November Nov 24 - Dec 1. FIVE MINUTES, YOU GUYS. That's not a long time lol. Pure madness.

I'm super amped that I'll be getting a launch date phone though!
Congrats. Not to poo-poo your excitement, but is there any reason to think the availability will change, or is this pretty much confirmed? The reason I ask is because I didn't bother trying to preorder until 6:00 a.m. local time and allegedly I can also pick up on Nov. 3...

jmpmntwnty3

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2007
South Carolina
Woke up at 6:00 a.m. local time figuring I wouldn't bother trying in the middle of the night. Went through the process on Apple's site (AT&T carrier) and supposedly I got it at launch to pick up in store (256GB Grey). Seems hard to believe it'll actually be available. Thoughts?
[doublepost=1509109389][/doublepost]
Congrats. Not to poo-poo your excitement, but is there any reason to think the availability will change, or is this pretty much confirmed? The reason I ask is because I didn't bother trying to preorder until 6:00 a.m. local time and allegedly I can also pick up on Nov. 3...

From what I understand, if you were able to select in store pickup and have a pickup time, your phone will be ready for you by Nov 3.

Like I said, 5 mins after I chose the earliest pickup time available (10-1030 am) ALL slots were gone, meaning that my local store’s pre-order inventory was quickly exhausted.

In your case, it seems like you were EXTREMELY lucky because it looks like not many people chose in-store pickup where you live.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.