I got and apple care for 200 bucks

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by southbark, Apr 22, 2007.

1. southbark macrumors regular

http://www.espotdeals.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/3068229/vpcsid/0/SFV/31824

I ordered one from these guys seems like a good deal even got $10 off through google checkout.I will let ya know if i recieve it and if it works out.I bought my macbook pro last december so i have been told on this forum i have up to a year to buy apple care but for 200 bucks it seems like a good deal considering on ebay it is 214.99 for the lowest price.I am sure someone hear will tell me a lower price somewhere else though

2. southbark thread starter macrumors regular

3. Clarence macrumors regular

anybody else use them? their website looks a little hoky...I guess it would be covered by my Credit Card agreement though...

I need one of these!

4. southbark thread starter macrumors regular

Yes for sites like these i always use a major credit card.I had a site try to screw me before and the credit card company took care of it.Just took the money out of their visa payment check they get according to the operator person i dealt with.She also told me i would recieve my credit to my account immeadietly

5. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

It's fairly ease to find a really good deal on Apple Care as long as you start looking 12 months before your 1 year is up (otherwise you forget) I got Apple Care for my Mac Pro for $165 if I'm not mistaking. I missed the chance to get Apple Care for teh MBP for $175, thats a steal, but I am sure I will find that again. I still have 11.5 months to find it after all.:D

6. orangemacapple macrumors 6502

I broke my promise!

ok, i ordered applecare for my macbook from them $129.
    we'll see if it's legit.

i know the old saying -- if it's too good to be true, it probably is.

and i broke my promise to myself -- i wasn't going to order it til the 11th month because i might decide to upgrade. oh, well, what's life without broken promises?

7. Clarence macrumors regular

good luck guys, will be watching this thread with heightened anticipation......

8. himansk macrumors regular

i bought from them through ebay, they have an ebay store as well. I bought Apple care for MBP for 194$ shipped about 2 months ago and got it activated the moment it arrived. now i have an apple's certificate for applecare so I shouldnt have any problems i guess.

9. 4np macrumors 6502a

4np

nice site...

10. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

The only thing I hate is that they're actually not open on weekends. If they're a legit retail business then how come you can't call on weekends? Also, are they apple certified resellers? If not, does that cause issue?

Just curious for the next time I need AC...I'd order from them if this all goes well for you all.

11. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

They appear to be a contract eBay seller - other people bring them their goods or clearance inventory for them to sell. No warranties.
    M - F only would be typical of an owner operated business who doesn't have staff to handle phone lines 7 days a week.

t 301.761.1803
    eSpot
    5931 Martin Luther King Highway
    Capitol Heights, MD 20743

WHOIS information

espotdeals.com was registered in July 06

Not terrible, but 9 months in operation is not the highest degree of confidence you could have.

Billing Contact:
    Adam Vitarello (73U8Z) **************@gmail.com
    eSpot
    1010 Wisconsin Ave, NW Suite 120
    Washington, DC 20007
    United States
    Phone: +1 (202) 337-7768

Record last updated on 2006-07-15 00:00:00
    Record created on 2006-07-06 00:00:00
    Record expires on 2011-07-06 00:00:00

12. macandpc macrumors newbie

if you are a college student or have a kid in any grade you can get the apple care for $165.00-175 year round (at least in the DC/MD/VA area). The university of maryland has its own apple store and automatically applies the discounts. :D

13. orangemacapple macrumors 6502

got my applecare from espotdeals.com today. 129.00 for mb

no problems. great deal. visa charged correctly.

129 + 10 shpg + 2 insurance = 141
    no sales tax

14. southbark thread starter macrumors regular

Just thought i would update and let ya know i have recieved the package

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sorry for the bad pictures from my phone I am going to registar and if there are any problems i post

15. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

Great you got the package, but was the AppleCare code valid??

16. southbark thread starter macrumors regular

well it appears that the registration went right on through with no prolems at all

17. southbark thread starter macrumors regular

I can confirm it does work apple now shows i have 972 days of coverage under applecare.

18. Clarence macrumors regular

Glad it worked out for ya, sorry I missed it. :mad:

19. NoleRx macrumors newbie

Just received and registered my copy from www.espotdeals.com for my macbook. No problems just like everyone else. I wasn't going to purchase apple care but it was a pretty good deal so I went ahead and did it. Definitely legit!!

20. dr01dy macrumors member

your crazy for buying apple care from this site.

21. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Care to give any reasons, or are you just gonna leave an unsubstantiated statement to flap in the wind?

22. Mantronix macrumors regular

I've been in law enforcement for the past 10 years and it has taught me that certain streets in the U.S are usually bad areas no matter what state. MLK is usually one of them. That would of made me skeptical from buying from them. :rolleyes:

23. southbark thread starter macrumors regular

I usually use google earth when i am not sure about a place to see what is there and espot looks legit and from my expierences is legit

[​IMG]

24. mustang_dvs macrumors 6502a

mustang_dvs

I can vouch for eBay seller checkmark2015 -- I bought a brand-new Mac Pro AppleCare kit for $104.99 shipped & got it in two days. The seller had MacBook and iMac kits for sale at the time.

Provantage.com and LA Computer Company are the lowest reputable retail prices I've seen online for AppleCare.

25. yetanotherdave macrumors 68000

yetanotherdave

I just bought apple care for my macbook off ebay for 50% of the price on apple.com, I'm not really sure how they can sell them this cheaply, or how they get them this cheap, but if it works I'm not complaining.