Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cuzo

macrumors 65816
Sep 23, 2012
Craigslist is the home of thieves, I got took for 200 bucks last year luckily I was able to sell it on ebay with bad esn for 160 (galaxy nexus)

People get tablets and sell them NIB for half of the retail all the time.

So many thieves...

I'm scared to use craigslist.

617aircav

Suspended
Jul 2, 2012
Craigslist is the home of thieves, I got took for 200 bucks last year luckily I was able to sell it on ebay with bad esn for 160 (galaxy nexus)

People get tablets and sell them NIB for half of the retail all the time.

So many thieves...

I'm scared to use craigslist.

You surely have to be careful, in your case a simple esn check would have let you know it was bad. There are more honest people on CL than there are crooks. Rule of thumb, only buy in the amount you can afford to loose. I'll never spend $400 for any electronics on CL. My cap is 250. I've bought consoles on CL that I could not even plug in to see if it works. A guy sold me a sealed 360 for $100. He wouldn't let me open it till I paid him. I paid and opened and everything was shrink wrapped. I already had one so I sold it on CL to someone else for $160.

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
Soon enough, there's gonna be sum1 replying, I buy stuff all the time from CL just fine!

Even good, "normal" people, when no one is looking... that's the real world.

CL fine as long as you are OK to take the risk. A usd$500 complicated item? only if it's rare and I can turn around and sell it 5x as much, so big risk = big reward, that's the gambling spread.

Feel sorry? Oh brother, I envy you for never have lived in the questionable part of town.

500 is not much for CL

I have sold cars and motorcycles approaching 5 figures in straight cash on multiple occasions

As long as you are smart and not completely ignorant of ways you can be taken advantage of, CL is fine. I have had nothing but good experiences with it....and I have done easily over a hundred transactions

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
MOD NOTE

OP, others have had posted as to what they think you should do (I personally agree that you should go the Police). As it stands this thread is starting to turn into a witch hunt thus is being closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.