I got electrocuted by my ipod touch?! O.o

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by xriderx11, Aug 21, 2010.

1. xriderx11 macrumors regular

Model: 3rd gen and 32gb.

Okay, so my ipods sound was being a little weird so i was like WTF so i was hitting the louder button but my headphone mode was on so i was like okay... and i didnt have it in... then i was making it louder again and then i felt a tingily sinsation and it went up my hand and it kind of burned at the same time and i dropped it and then all of my hair stud up (i stunned)..... Has this ever happend to anyone??? i still have warranty ... should i return it to get another one? and i really dont have any proof :/ ........ what caused it and has this ever happend to anyone?

I mean shocked not electrocuted

2. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

electrocute |iˈlektrəˌkyoōt|
    verb [ trans. ]
    injure or kill someone by electric shock

How was the ambulance ride? Did you see god? 0.o

3. xriderx11 thread starter macrumors regular

4. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

Welcome to the Forums. I'm Mr. Cheeto and I luv u.

Apple will swap iPods on a whim. I told them my first iPod touch was not putting video out using a composite cable adapter and they just swapped it, no more questions asked. It still didn't work but I wasn't about to fuss about it because they eat the cost of such replacements.

Just call and explain exactly what happened. Be sure to include the fact that it said your Headphones were in even though they were not.

5. ri0ku macrumors 6502a

I hear if your sarcastic you dont get let into heaven.. so yeah good idea to ask people about God since you probs wont get to meet him/her yourself...

Oh look what I did too... Guess il see you in another place in the afterlife mate... lol

But yeah your right I guess

6. EllieV macrumors 6502

I haves crappy 1st gen iPod touch. Can I make up something (like what?) an say it to the apple store and get a replacement? (even if it's another first gen, I don't care, I just want these scratches and refurb-ness gone

7. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

Even if there was a heaven, I'm not on my way there any time soon. Besides, Dio would be jamming in hell, if anything.

Take me, Ronnie James!

Not cool, dude. Support t3h Appuhl!

8. ri0ku macrumors 6502a

Wont work, out of warranty....

I was pretty lucky with a 1st gen.. I bought it off my sister not long after she got it when they first came out... scratched to hell on the back... a month after the audio stopped working and since it was within warranty (I bought it for £70 off her.. so at the time that was a BARGAIN) apple replaced it with a brand new one :D

So basically I got a brand new ipod touch 1st gen (not long after they were released) for £70

9. ri0ku macrumors 6502a

haha, yeah stay away from the after life as long as you can man!

10. EllieV macrumors 6502

Go to the religion and politics forum to talk about thi. Let's get back on track to the iPod touch. So can you answer my questions?

11. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

Scroll....scroll up, my son...

12. ri0ku macrumors 6502a

....I did Look up ^

13. EllieV macrumors 6502

I did scroll up. I saw what he said. But i didn't want to double post like rioku here.

How long is the warranty? 2 years? Do refurbs come with a warranty or do they keep the warranty from original purchase?

14. xriderx11 thread starter macrumors regular

15. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

iPod waranties are one-year.

Refurbs come with all the support and warranties as a new iPod.

16. xriderx11 thread starter macrumors regular

its 2 years.. i got the bestbuy 2 year accidental damage warranty

17. EllieV macrumors 6502

I think he's saying the ones apple automatically gives you from purchase.
    And how do I figure out if my iPod is still in warranty?

18. ri0ku macrumors 6502a

Oh get lost if your going to be a pain... you came into someone elses thread and basicaly hijacked it....

Your ipod is out of warranty it will not be replaced and you want to conjure up lies to apple about it for its replacement...

So yeah just go if your going to be a pain

19. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

Call Apple. One of the initial questions will be what your serial number is. They will tell you if it is still in warranty.

Why would you try to cheat a company like that, if it's just scratches?

Dat ain't right, dat just ain't right.