I got Iphone insurance!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by edtorious, Jul 16, 2008.

1. edtorious macrumors 65816

edtorious

I called my Allstate agent to see if my Iphone can be covered under our Condo Insurance Policy and he said yes! :p It's even covered even if the Iphone is damaged or lost outside our condo! :D

2. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

Hope you've got a pretty low deductible then.

While I'm sure my insurance covers the phone, I'd still be paying for it.

3. edtorious thread starter macrumors 65816

edtorious

I have $250 deductible :mad: so in the end, i would still be like paying for a brand new iphone in case of damage, loss or theft :rolleyes:

Does anybody know any insurance company that we can go to that will cover iphone with lower or no deductible at an affordable insurance premium? I thought I remember seeing somewhere a company that does just that. Your help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated! ;)

4. slate1 macrumors regular

$250 is pretty low for a homeowners policy...

Keep in mind though that you'd be paying the unsubsidized price for the phone if it is lost or stolen - much more than the $199 / $299 subsidized price!

5. yehudah72 macrumors regular

yehudah72

i don't know if for homeowners it's different, but i have Renter's Insurance through Progressive.com (you can also go with Geico.com)... i pay $45 per month for $50k in losses and my deductable is only $100... and yes EVERYTHING is cover inside or outside my home.

For example: my cars get stolen and i have my MacBook Pro, Camera, iPhone, Extra ($300) Shoes and everything will be cover. the car is covered by my auto Policy and all my belongings (up to $50k) by my Renter's Policy; even if the car is stolen anywhere.

so try and contact a Progressive agent... but like i said, it's Renters Insurance, not Home Owner's.

by the way, you said you'd be paying for a new iPhone with your $250 deductable, but NOT REALLY!!! Remember, you got the iPhone for $199 8GB or $299 16GB, but only because you got a New Line of Service or Upgraded, but either way, you signed a New 2 year contract... if you loose it or whatever, you must replace it at FULL retail price of $399 8GB or $499 16GB. so with a $100 deductable, well, to me it's a great thing to have. we have 5 MacBooks, 4 iPhones 3G, 6 60" HD LCDs and much more great stuff to cover with the $45 per month. :)

6. stevenc64 macrumors newbie

May want to check out SquareTrade with Accident coverage.
    Decent rate (search for coupons) with decent coverage for 3 years.
    It does NOT cover theft.

Steve