I Got IT!

Dr Riot

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 14, 2005
Its not ugly as I thought it might be.. the casing is pretty cool as well!

Attachments

music251

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2005
Would you be so kind to see if this new model has the capability to import custom EQ-settings from iTunes? I would really like to know if this is possible. If so, I'll order one white 60gb myself right away.. Thanks!

Dr Riot

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 14, 2005
chucknorris said:
What size is it? Does it feel noticeably sleeker?
Yep it does! Its the same height, only thinner.. and less bulky compared to the 4G..

The Case is like a sock but has a sort of leathery feel and not really that easy to stretch.

Video quality its pretty awesome watching on the ipod itself.. I'm not sure about the TV out cos I don't really have a dock

Dr Riot

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 14, 2005
music251 said:
Would you be so kind to see if this new model has the capability to import custom EQ-settings from iTunes? I would really like to know if this is possible.
Sorry, I don't really know how to check that...

Dr Riot

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 14, 2005
Here is another pic, sorry, I don't have my digital camera with me right now, so, I'm using my iSight.

Attachments

Tommyg117

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
When did you order? I paid for 1 day delivery and it says mine isn't going to arrive until the 20th! what the heck! I ordered like 2 hours after the announcement!

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
Dr Riot said:
Its not ugly as I thought it might be.. the casing is pretty cool as well!
Do you have an iPod/FireWire cable? Can you check to see if this iPod can/can't sync over FireWire.

The consensus seems to be that it can't, but I haven't read anything that confirms that it doesn't. Although I could have skipped over one of the 32 million pages in this forum.

Thanks!

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
ftaok said:
Do you have an iPod/FireWire cable? Can you check to see if this iPod can/can't sync over FireWire.

The consensus seems to be that it can't, but I haven't read anything that confirms that it doesn't. Although I could have skipped over one of the 32 million pages in this forum.

Thanks!
I'll test the FireWire functionality as soon as my iPod has synched up all of my music... might take a few hours.

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
Dr Riot said:
Video quality its pretty awesome watching on the ipod itself.. I'm not sure about the TV out cos I don't really have a dock
errr....you need a dock?

Dr Riot

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 14, 2005
Tommyg117 said:
When did you order? I paid for 1 day delivery and it says mine isn't going to arrive until the 20th! what the heck! I ordered like 2 hours after the announcement!
I ordered it around 8PM Eastern on the 12th..

Sky Blue said:
errr....you need a dock?
To plug it into a TV you do...

and no, I don't have an iPod firewire cable so I can't really test it, sorry.. :(

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
snowmoon said:
You need the cables from the apple store! They go into the headphones jack and give you standard a/v cables ( red, white, yellow ).
i would think any standard av cable would work, apples are a bit pricey

Dr Riot

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 14, 2005
oh, are the different from the normal cables you can buy at radio shack which fit into the headphone and the otherside fits into the tv? I had one of those cables, I can't find it!!

snowmoon

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2005
Albany, NY
Dr Riot said:
oh, are the different from the normal cables you can buy at radio shack which fit into the headphone and the otherside fits into the tv? I had one of those cables, I can't find it!!
If it fits the headphone jack on the iPod with 3 distinct seperators on the headphone jack and breaks out into 3 rca then you are probably good.