i got mine, problem-less

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by stcroixsailor, Sep 15, 2007.

1. stcroixsailor macrumors member

i got my ipodtouch today at best buy. I unboxed it, found out that I had to update iTunes, did that and plugged it in. I uploaded my library, and just looked. First of all, the touch is absoulutly amazing. It's thin, beautful, and perfect in every way.

I DON'T HAVE ANY PROBLEMS LIKE OTHER PEOPLE
    people who talk about bad screens, I have no idea what you're talking about, but it's not there for me. maybe it's just a few.

and for the hissing noises, i don't hear a thing.

I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR A YEAR AND A HALF----- FINALLY.....I LOVE YOU APPLE:apple::apple:

2. Brereton55 macrumors newbie

3. jesusplay macrumors 6502a

same here, got mines from best buy 2 hours ago, no problems. "I'm Lovin It!"

4. madmaxmedia macrumors 68030

Congrats, I hope there's a solution for the rest of us.

Unfortunately, this whole thing has been a bit a buzzkill for me- I don't want to go through the rigamarole of exchanging, then possibly having to exchange or return after that, etc.

But hopefully it gets resolved one way or the other. I might just box mine up and wait a few days to see what happens...

5. Sean Dempsey macrumors 68000

Sean Dempsey

mine seems fine too, no idea what the screen issue is...

I tried an episode of Lost, which is almost all black, and it appears okay to me. What am I supposed to be looking for?

6. madmaxmedia macrumors 68030

If you don't notice anything, then congrats and don't worry, be happy.

But you can try this. Watch something like that in a dark environment, to minimize glare.

Look at the screen straight on (not tilted.) In black areas, is there any glare that seems to cover the black areas? The glare is similar to looking at a cell phone screen off axis. But the problem with the Touch is that you get the effect when looking at it straight on (when colors are otherwise the best.) So it then becomes an exercise in futility to find a viewing angle that just looks good with no deficiencies.

7. andyh2 macrumors member

8. DMC-12 macrumors 6502

DMC-12

Look for low a contrast ratio; bright, washed-out blacks in video and pictures; and uneven light leakage around the edges of the screen.

9. thebusdriver16 macrumors member

10. Merser macrumors member

Merser

Another happy customer here! Nothing wrong with mine...

11. owen-b macrumors 6502a

I'm afraid I don't believe anyone that says there's nothing wrong with theirs since someone else posted that opinion in iLounge, showed some comparison shots of his Touch and his video iPod, and the Touch blacks were so over-contrasty that there wasn't a single distinguishable shadow detail in any of them, whereas his iPod had much better detail.