I got my ipad 3 - DY

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by james714x, Oct 7, 2012.

1. james714x, Oct 7, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2012

james714x macrumors member

I noticed the screen to be somewhat yellowish. I read some articles in google about it and had found a way to fix it by charging it in max brightness and not enabling the auto off. That way the ipad will overheat. I'm currently doing it now. Now I ask, is it safe? my ipad is getting hotter and hotter. O.O

Should I be bothered with that yellowish screen? It sometimes looks bothering oh and I almost forgot, say you view the ipad in landscape with the home button in your right and you tilt the ipad forward, the screen becomes cool. That is my observation. I wonder if it will be fixed by overheating it. By the way, I put a matte cover in it. Is it the cover that's making the screen somewhat yellowish?

my ipad has no backlight issues

also pls try to confirm this,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaqe1qesQ8c

there are two straight bars in the right, do you see dirty green and purple or green and blue? I see dirty green and purple in both my ipad and my pc O.O

how do you see battery information where you can see the cycles left, etc?

EDIT: when you flip the ipad (portrait), the color is cool and perfect :D but when in normal(portrait) the color is warm :(

I left my ipad for 2 hours charging and I thought it charged and after I plugged it out, it says 3% :( Anyone experienced that? The cause? I think I saw a wrench icon in the battery icon
    Guys, I'm really thankful to those who will reply ASAP :D

2. Rodster macrumors 68040

ALL refurbished iPad's that come from Apple get a NEW battery and outer case. I would suggest turning off the iPad 3 and charging it that way first. It will take around 4-8 hours depending on how low the battery was depleted. If you are charging and using the iPad 3 then it will get somewhat warm on the back. That's normal and it will get warm to very warm while gaming, that's also normal.

As far as the yellow tint, I can't offer much advice as it's ALL UP TO YOU. If it bothers you a lot then get a replacement. A lot of the iPad 3 refurbs were probably returned for tinting issues perceived by the user. I thought I had a problem with my iPad 3 screen and put it up against my iPad 2 and was surprised that it was all me as they both looked identical.

The best way to see if you have a problem is to compare it with another great looking screen. Again if that's all that's wrong and you can live with it then I would keep it or wait for the iPad 4th Gen or buy an iPad 3 from Target where they have a generous return policy.