I got my iPhone 4!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dontwalkhand, Jun 24, 2010.

1. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

I arrived at San Tan Villiage Mall at 12:45AM; Got my iPhone at around 1:00PM, waited for that long in the Arizona heat, but I got me an iPhone 4!

AT&T actually has activated the iPhones pretty fast, but there are areas where T-Mobile gets coverage where AT&T doesn't, like in a Parking Garage in Downtown Phoenix, or in Southern Chandler.

I think I will solve the Southern Chandler problem at least by getting my friend to buy a Microcell (he has the iPhone 4 as well).

I will NEVER camp out for the iPhone again after experiencing this, but at least I met a few great people, and managed to get my iPhone on day 1.

2. Kadman macrumors 65816

Kadman

3. candyman macrumors regular

candyman

That's my local Apple Store too. I'm in East Mesa. Did they have any of the white phones on display to look at or compare orr just all black? Any idea if they sold out of them today? I am thinking of heading over this weekend to check it out if they still have any.

4. UniPro macrumors regular

UniPro

Well technically day 3, but who's counting? :rolleyes:

5. Goodeye macrumors 6502a

Goodeye

That's my local store too! (I'm in Queen Creek)

I work in Tempe and had to work today. Left got on the San Tan 202 drove to Williams field and pulled into the mall and Parked by ATT. Got in line by 4 pm, The walk-in line was shorter than the reserve line. But I was probably 50th in line for reserves. I was next to go in when they told the non reserves to go home as they had no more walk ins (I'm suprised they still were walkins by 4 pm)

I walked out of the Store by 5 pm And the phone just now activated on ATT's end lol.

6. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

Wow I read that wrong. I thought u only waited 15 minutes.

Congrats non the less

7. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

My Reserve was ok today

In Line by 12:30 done and out with my i4 by 4:00

In the meantime every 15-20 minutes they were handing out Granola bars, Ben & Jerry's ice cream, water, Cookies, Potato Chips, Doritos, Pretzels, Crackers, and Godiva Chocolate with Caramel in the middle, made all the ladies very happy.

So far my first time in line and not too bad, but never again

So far I am not sure what to think about the i4 I have some of the issues going around but I will decide by day 10 if I will return it or now, my 3GS was flawless especially with iOS4

8. despo1908 macrumors newbie

I walked into my local att&t store @ 10am and walked out with my iphone 10:20am, then took the train into manhattan, walked a block and encountered a line 3 blocks down from the apple store.... i took out my iPhone 4 and recorded the people enduring the heat and insanity, brave souls. :D

9. Goodeye macrumors 6502a

Goodeye

You don't know heat until your at the store that the OP and me (coincidentally) were at. It was 110+ degrees today lol

10. azmac macrumors newbie

azmac

more stock tomorrow?

does anyone know if Apple stores will be getting more stock in tomorrow. Also, does apple have a link to there website to show stores with available stock. I know when the 3g phones came out. You could go to site and put in your state and it will tell you what stores had 3g stock available.

11. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

i was in line for a total of 2 minutes. not joking

12. VeNoMiZeD macrumors 6502

I would rather be in heat then in rain like some people were today.

13. RyanTheGeneral macrumors regular

agreed..

14. Goodeye macrumors 6502a

Goodeye

True. Though the Apple Store here was pretty awesome they put up big Canopy tents etc which helped shade it. If it had rained the temp would have gone WAY down and the canopy's would have held off the rain.

15. bobraynard macrumors newbie

Congratulations. I hope you are enjoying yours as much as I am enjoying mine.
    Despite all of these supposed issues, brown spots, reception...blah blah blah
    I am having NO issues with mine.
    Thank You Steve for another fine Apple Product!

16. WHM macrumors regular

I AGREE AWESOME PHONE!!!! ENJOY

17. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

mine too, i mean what else do people expect, a manufacturer to make 1million+ perfect phones?