Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
C

CompUser

Original poster
After waiting for what seemed like eternity, the UPS man came and handed me a giant box that weighed 23lbs.

At first, my mom was a little unsure about buying this $308.62 speaker (from amazon.com). She was the first to try it out and she was literally blown away. Compared to our $500 bose wave radio- the iPod HiFi wins hands down. Its not even close. The HiFi first off is $200 less (however does not have a tuner or a CD player). The Hifi is much louder, much better base, and just more powerful. The sound quality is much better as well. I say the Hifi is well worth the price. Compared to my JBL creatures they are louder and have much more controlled bass. The HiFi doesn't even have a subwoofer, but it shakes the floor. It was on my kitchen island which has a Zodiac countertop (like granite but sorta like corean sp?) and it was shaking the ground.

I am no audiophile, but the HiFi blows the Bose out of the water.

eXan

macrumors 601
Jan 10, 2005
Russia
Heh... I've got Altec Lansing InMotion speakers/base for my iPod and I am happy with them, until I move my huge speakers and subwoofer to my living room, so I can enjoy music at full blast :D

C

CompUser

Original poster
I had altec lansing inMotion speakers as well. I let my friend borrow them and he accidentally melted them (I was compensated). They actually were pretty good speakers.

kildraik

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2006
Do you have pics? I've always wanted to see a Hi-Fi in a home environment...

iShane

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2006
New York -> SF
CompUser said:
I had altec lansing inMotion speakers as well. I let my friend borrow them and he accidentally melted them (I was compensated). They actually were pretty good speakers.

He melted them?

Haha. How?

C

CompUser

Original poster
skipskop24 said:
He melted them?

Haha. How?

He left them under a lamp and it melted the casing.

I will take pictures in a little bit for everyone.

y0zza

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2005
UK
In all honesty, a comparison with Bose is not the most indicatives when it comes to acoustics or value...

C

CompUser

Original poster
For your viewing delight. HiFi w/grill, HiFi w/o grill, and that stupid overpriced bose wave radio.

Attachments

• P1010001.JPG
    P1010001.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 128
  • P1010002.JPG
    P1010002.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 150
  • P1010003.JPG
    P1010003.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 101

alexstein

macrumors 6502a
Aug 23, 2004
Congrats on the HiFi! Glad you enjoy it. I do have a question. I have seen them and listened to them in the store but I never bothered to really take a close look at them.

Does it only have one source of input? (Dock Connector on top).

vakej

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2006
I THINK you can hook it up to a home stereo.

The majority of the time, I would prefer my klipsch promedia 2.1 speakers. But I did attend a BBQ last week, and the hi-fi would've been great :D

"alexstein" is that your audi TT? I have a red one :cool:

dav

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2004
alexstein said:
Congrats on the HiFi! Glad you enjoy it. I do have a question. I have seen them and listened to them in the store but I never bothered to really take a close look at them.

Optical audio in on the back (I believe), works flawlessly with my Airport Express

C

CompUser

Original poster
alexstein said:

It has an Digital and Analog audio input as well as the dock connector. So you can connect really anything you want with the correct adapter- tuner, CD player, tape player, etc.

KlimberKlown

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2006
CompUser said:
It has an Digital and Analog audio input as well as the dock connector. So you can connect really anything you want with the correct adapter- tuner, CD player, tape player, etc.

That's what I needed to know too! Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.