I got my MACBOOK

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Germwise, May 28, 2009.

1. Germwise macrumors regular

So I finally pulled the trigger.

I went to the mac store. I explained that I was interested in getting the 2.0ghz unibody but I was hesitant because there might be an upgrade and thus a price drop in the 2.0.

The manager was very nice and said that if I bought it and there was a price change in the next 2 weeks he would honor that and price match it.

So I bought the 2.0 ghz at 1249 with the educational discount, I got the free 229 ipod touch and I bought a 99 dollar printer with then a 99 dollar discount.

I was going to sell the iPod touch but my GF fell in love with it and so I sold it to her for 150. I'm planning on selling the printer for another 50 which gives me another 200 off the price.

So final price 1099 for a new one. and if there is a price drop (as I expect in the next 2 weeks, I will get it for 999+tax.)

Now I'm going to have to scourge the forum for tips on getting my macbook up to par.

Thanks everyone for all your help. Its pretty much perfect with a new screen, just one small stuck pixel near the dock.

2. iammike1 macrumors 6502a

iammike1

Doh, you're supposed to give things to your GF!

3. tj53 macrumors member

Congrats. I just bought mine a couple months ago and am absolutely loving it. Great computers.

4. tj53 macrumors member

She still got a good deal too. And he was going to sell it to someone else anyway.

5. Germwise thread starter macrumors regular

I already gave my girl 2 other ipods.

But while we were at the mac store she started playing with an iphone and was totally hooked on simcity.

Also she needed more room for her music audiobooks.

So win win. I'll get some sweet lovin's tonight

6. iKatianarie macrumors member

Aww, I'm jealous :p. I'll be getting mine in 1 1/2 week(s).

7. Skeletal-dæmon macrumors 6502

Congratulations, and in the words of System 3 through OS 8; Welcome to Macintosh! :apple:

*sighs and wonders for the zillionth time why Apple killed the smiley mac splash screen*

8. Chozo macrumors member

I assume you mean playing with your new macbook? :p

9. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

10. Finlandboy macrumors 6502

Finlandboy

lol, of course he does.....haha :D

11. opinioncircle macrumors 6502a

opinioncircle

Congratulations man, but what about that pixel of yours close to the dock? Dead pixel?

12. 99MustangGTman macrumors 6502

Nice man, congrats! I wish I would have been able to wait to get the iPod deal.

13. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

Way To Go!! It was the best thing I did when I drop PCs and brought a Mac. You will LOVE it.

14. RDM3 macrumors regular

I love my MacBook, plus I got it so cheap as a display model at BestBuy I can't complain, I am also waiting for my PC's to crap out and replace them with Mac Mini's