I got my MBP 2 days ago. Forgot password!! Stupid.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lioness805, Jul 4, 2011.

1. lioness805 macrumors newbie

Well. I thought it was my usual password but it's not working.

Can I take it to the store or do I need to try one of the options posted on the threads when I search?

Odd, when I restarted it went straight to being logged on. If I "log off" I need the password to get back on.

2. simsaladimbamba

3. lioness805 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for the automatic log in info.

I can do the procedure. I was just confused because on google searches it looked like there were several ways. I'll go with this from the Apple site.

Thanks!:cool:

4. SD-B macrumors 6502

SD-B

I did the same and NOTHING I could do would let me in. I couldn't remember my hint......I was locked out tight and looked at having to take it back to Apple to fix it for me, although i am pretty adept with computers

Found this and it worked within seconds

5. lioness805 thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried this about 10 times. If I pushed Ctrl C at start up tone it took me directly to a black screen with white numbers and letters. Some sort of command prompt thing?

If I clicked from Disc 1 to reinstall it kept asking me for my old password to proceed and that's what I don't have.

----------

Hey, sent you a pm. This didn't work either. It went all the way through but didn't ask for new password and when i tried to reset it wanted my OLD one. Thanks for the suggestion though....