I got my white 16gb iPhone 3G BUT...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xolan99, Jul 28, 2008.

1. xolan99 macrumors regular

I picked up my white 16gb iPhone today BUT...

I was returning my 8gb iPhone 3G which I bought two weeks ago.

They handed me the 16gb and said I should be good to go. I told the lady that I had no 3G or EDGE icon. She said it should show up soon. As it so happened, whenever I tried making a call, I was taken to the activation hotline. I couldn't activate through iTunes either.

I went back to the store and they did some activation magic and whalaa, I was able to make calls.

BUT...the EDGE/3G icon still didn't show up again. I foolishly left the store taking their word for it again.

I just called Customer Support and AT&T says there is a data outtage in NYC which doesn't make sense to me because my 8GB worked just fine before I turned it in.

Has this happened to anyone?

2. Churc22 macrumors member

I had the exact same issue when I had my number ported over and got a new sim card in my white 16gb...my GFs 8gb had the icons and mine had nothing...they had to completely take off my plan from their system and put it on again and it began working.

EDIT: And I am in the NYC area and have had no issues recently, so the data outage excuse seems like BS.