Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

peejack

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 7, 2007
Got a new 8 core penryn system. :D:D:D:D

Can't try it yet as im waiting for displays to arrive :( booo

However, I ordered some ram from crucial as im in the UK and thought I better check first with a customer assistant that it is still correct ram he said yes so I ordered and low and behold it's the wrong kind (useless F-Wit!!) so ill have to call them tomorrow and change it.

It's now DDR2-800 (PC2-6400) 240 pin ECC Fully Buffered, Fin HeatSink Cooled FBDIMMs for those that want to know as crucial's site is incorrect.

b0redom

macrumors regular
May 4, 2007
Hey Dude,
Can you post the link to the RAM when you get it? I'm in the UK, and considering getting myself the same setup.

Cheers...

aaronw1986

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2006
Got a new 8 core penryn system. :D:D:D:D

Can't try it yet as im waiting for displays to arrive :( booo

However, I ordered some from crucial as im in the UK and thought I better check first with a customer assistant that it is still correct ram he said yes so I ordered and low and behold it's the wrong kind (useless F-Wit!!) so ill have to call them tomorrow and change it.

It's now DDR2-800 (PC2-6400) 240 pin ECC Fully Buffered, Fin HeatSink Cooled FBDIMMs for those that want to know as crucial's site is incorrect.

Crucial's site is not "incorrect", it just has not been updated...It hasn't even been 12 hours yet...give them some time.

TheThirdMan

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2007
London, UK
If you want cheap ram, wait a couple of weeks until they start to sell on ebay. You can get 16gb (8x2) 667mhz fb-dimms for the old mac pro on ebay from the US for £330, which is fantastic. Give it a week and youll be able to get 16gb 800mhz for slightly more.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.