I got rockband for PS3!

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by APPLEFAN8, Jan 22, 2008.

1. APPLEFAN8 macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

OMG its waaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy better then GH3 which I beat on medium and almost hard but I love playing the drums the the guitar is way better then the GH3 one. I recommend to anyone who has the money to go get this now. I got it for 10 bucks after trading in 4 games and I had a gift card but well worth the money! ;)

2. markild macrumors member

The GH3 wireless guitar is incompatible with RockBand, right?

3. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

No, i believe it does work. But just in case someone else please answer too!

4. APPLEFAN8 thread starter macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

no it doesn't work I remember reading off PS3fanboy.com that they had a patch that blocked it.

5. markild macrumors member

Blocked? That sounds kinda weird.

From what I've heard it's simply an incompatability, and both sides is blaming the other one as the cause. It would sound kinda weird, seeing as GH-guitars on both PS2 and XBOX360 are reported working.

6. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Its activision not playing nice with harmonix.....still bitter I guess. I really want to buy this game but at $170...steep just for the drums(because thats all I want)

Bless

7. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

IIRC, it was one of those "features" that was pulled out at the last minute due to a dispute between the companies.

Kind of like how UT3 was supposed to have PC/PS3 gameplay.

8. Coded-Dude macrumors 6502a

Coded-Dude

The patch exists, it was never put out.(like others have stated). Although the GH3 guitar is cross compatible on the xbox 360 games, so i hear. Whats confusing is that you can buy Rock Band the game by itself for the PS3(no accessories)....