Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

APPLEFAN8

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
NJ/GA/FL
OMG its waaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy better then GH3 which I beat on medium and almost hard but I love playing the drums the the guitar is way better then the GH3 one. I recommend to anyone who has the money to go get this now. I got it for 10 bucks after trading in 4 games and I had a gift card but well worth the money! ;)

APPLEFAN8

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
NJ/GA/FL
no it doesn't work I remember reading off PS3fanboy.com that they had a patch that blocked it.

markild

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2008
Oslo, Norway
Blocked? That sounds kinda weird.

From what I've heard it's simply an incompatability, and both sides is blaming the other one as the cause. It would sound kinda weird, seeing as GH-guitars on both PS2 and XBOX360 are reported working.

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
IIRC, it was one of those "features" that was pulled out at the last minute due to a dispute between the companies.

Kind of like how UT3 was supposed to have PC/PS3 gameplay.

Coded-Dude

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2007
Sacramento, CA
The patch exists, it was never put out.(like others have stated). Although the GH3 guitar is cross compatible on the xbox 360 games, so i hear. Whats confusing is that you can buy Rock Band the game by itself for the PS3(no accessories)....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.