I got the same text message 29 times last night.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by deannnnn, Mar 4, 2011.

1. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

[​IMG]

So here's a weird one for you.

A friend of mine had tried to ask me if I saw Miley Cyrus at work yesterday. I tried to respond that I hadn't, but AT&T wasn't letting me send outgoing texts. They were however letting me receive texts, as I got it seven times.

Then 22 more times overnight.

[​IMG]

They came in slowly, every 10-20 mins or so, then finally stopped sometime while I was asleep. In the morning, I still was unable to send texts, but after a restart was finally able to again.

So in the end either AT&T is unreliable as always in NYC, or my friend is a crazed Miley fanboy. I'll let you decide.

2. normwood macrumors 6502a

normwood

Your friend is a nimrod....and you could/should have restarted your phone after the first couple of times with failed outgoing messages.

Steve

3. DDustiNN macrumors 65816

DDustiNN

It could quite possibly be your friend's phone and not yours...

4. CosmoPilot macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

I know this probably won't help you, but the same thing happened to me overseas. I found out through AT&T's international help center that certain carriers don't do well with SMS. So, I switched carriers overseas (easily doable on the phone), and it fixed this problem.

To test their theory, I went back to the original carrier and I started getting the same text message again.

This sounds very similar except you're on AT&T the entire time. I imagine a Network reset might work if a reboot doesn't.

5. deannnnn thread starter macrumors 68000

deannnnn

Guys I'm not complaining about this or looking for ways to fix it. My phone is fine, I just wanted to share this abnormal story.

For the record we're both iPhones on AT&T. It was just a weird glitch.