i got this ipod touch 2g and it wont work at all please help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sk8rphilferreal, Dec 18, 2009.

1. sk8rphilferreal macrumors newbie

i got this ipod the other day with the intention of replacing the digitizer because it was cracked and thats all i thought was wrong with it. when i got home i tried to turn it on and nothing happened the screen stayed blank. i thought it was just dead so i tried pluging it into my wall charger i have for my other ipod. nothing happened so i tried to plug it into the computer it did not connect and nothing happened to the ipod again. after trying to charge it failed i looked up how to tell if it had water damage. so i looked down the headphone jack and half of the water testor thing was pink so im guessing it has some water damage. i do not know how long ago or how bad the water damage was. if anyone has any advise for me i would really appriciate it. thanks

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You might as well throw it away and buy something else. Who knows what else is wrong with it?

3. tadad1 macrumors 6502a

tadad1

It could be any number of things, collapsed batter, dead LCD, corroded circuitry or chip damage if it has been exposed to water, there is just no way of telling other than replacing parts one by one to track down the problem which is not without the possibility of doing more damage and could end up costing you as much as picking up a new one.

4. sk8rphilferreal thread starter macrumors newbie

i wanna see if i can fix it i mean what the hell i have nothing else to do. what would you suggest i start with when i am replacing stuff and where could i get the stuff i need at a somewhat cheep price?

5. pilotrtc macrumors regular

You will probably find the answer to your question quicker with a Google search.