I got to use a Playstation Portable today

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by someone28624, Sep 26, 2008.

1. someone28624 macrumors 6502a

I tried out it's web browser. Dear god does that poor interface make me glad I have an iPod touch. The iPod touch really does a much better job with internet browsing.

2. Eric Isaacson macrumors 6502

I have a PSP, I got it before I got my touch. I haven't used it at all since I bought the touch.

You are correct the user interface is not near as nice.

Gaming is pretty good on the PSP though

3. pismodude2 macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

Speaking of things not used now thanks to the Touch- My DS, GameBoy, Gamecube, PS2, and Xbox are sitting and gathering dust...

My Wii, MacBook, and iPod are all I need :D.

4. jesses macrumors regular

jesses

ha..i just sold my psp to add on to my ipod touch fund.
    i'm not much of a gamer..so internet>games for me.

5. cbrain macrumors 65816

cbrain

The internet browser on the PSP is appalling, not just in interface, but page layout, speed, etc. :mad:

6. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Oooh! My 3 favorite electronic devices.:)

Agreed with others, I frequent gamespot.com a lot an I never expected the picture rendering to be as good as it is on my iPod Touch. This is a complex webpage and it's incredibly accurate to using my iMac.

7. i-Want-Apples macrumors regular

I love hearing this. I have the PSP and absolutely hate the browser. I can take forever to get to the simplest thing. I had similar issues with my old Blackberry, but when I switched to the curve, it made a big difference. I found myself never wanting to use the internet, but when I got the curve it was fast enough that I do use it a lot. I really hope the Touch will be something I can just hop online quick when I don't have my laptop, so this is great news!

I really can't wait to finally see the iPod Touch and everything it has to offer.

8. -Dark Angel- macrumors 6502

Wow, not much of a gamer. I can't see my iPod ever replacing my PS3, Wii, PSP and DS. The browsers are not so big but I didn't buy it for that, the games are what I like. I like the iPod touch for its simple casual games like Sudoku, Mahjong etc, something to pass the time while I wait in lines for whatever I'm waiting for.

9. muldul macrumors 6502

My ds, PSP, Wii and PS3 are the ones gathering dust in my home

My touch, Xbox 360 and Macbook do the job nicely

10. duncyboy macrumors 6502a

I have a Wii, 32GB Touch and an iMac- my own holy trinity :D

11. pismodude2 macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

Wow, not much of a reader. I didn't say it would replace my PS3, Wii, PSP, and DS. I said it would replace my My DS, GameBoy, Gamecube, PS2, and Xbox. Read it again, and think before you post.

12. -Dark Angel- macrumors 6502

Sorry I don't think, I just saw the post and this seems to say the touch has replaced your items if all they are doing is looking like expensive dust catchers.

13. 7031 macrumors 6502

All I need is my iPod Touch, my Macbook Pro (creative stuff like Logic and Final Cut) and my PC (gaming and stuff)

14. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

My best friend has had a PSP for a couple years and always told me I was an idiot for owning an iPod...ironic that as soon as I bought a 2nd gen touch he decided to buy one as well, hypocritical too. Especially when he bitched and moaned for a year because he seems to have a massive prejudice against Apple because, before his PSP, he owned a 1st gen nano and screwed it up himself by hacking it.

15. jrok18 macrumors regular

if that marshmallow looking system doesn't get a new update with some kind of new feature then in selling that dusty ****. As for the touch im on that thing 24 7 when im at my house. The 360 is my main gaming device(nhl 09 is all i play)